Dennis de Vries leads the Dutch team of KPMG Digital Ledger Services and is a member of KPMG's worldwide Steering Committee. He has over 20 years of experience in the financial sector and worked for all major Dutch banks.
Dennis extensive experience includes:
- First blockchain study for the Executive Board of ING Bank.
- Developing various blockchain concepts for the pension, healthcare, insurance and public sector industries and a blockchain and special purpose vehicles concept that won the KPMG Innocube competition in 2017. Creating future visions for two Dutch Ministries based on blockchain technology.
- Providing blockchain workshops and education sessions for the European Central Bank, European Union Intellectual Property Office, Dutch government agencies (Dutch FCA (AFM), Dutch Central Bank), Belgium, Czech and Maltese government agencies, ING, BNP Paribas, Menzis, Achmea, Royal Flora Holland, Public Prosecution Service, Port of Rotterdam, Gazprom, Vimpelcom and many other clients.
- Discussed concept of Central Bank Digital Currencies versus real time payments with ECB board member Yves Mersch.
- Regular speaker at international conferences and featuring as blockchain expert in national media.
Digital Ledger, Blockchain, Riskmanagement, Governance and Compliance, Financial Management, Audit and Assurance.