Purpose of the job:
KPMG's Tax practice is a dynamic and successful area of our business. The Tax team works with a wide range of organisations and individuals, helping them to implement the tax approach that suits their needs. A constantly changing and increasingly high-profile field, Tax can offer a surprisingly broad range of quality career paths to ambitious people.
Key job duties or responsibilities:
- Involvement in consulting and advising clients on a wide range of tax issues
- Building an understanding of domestic and international tax concepts and legislation to be able to interpret and apply theoretical knowledge to all client engagements, including tax analyses and tax computations or returns relating to simple fact patterns and issues
- Researching and applying knowledge consistently to all allocated work appropriate to level and grade.
- Assisting clients with Revenue Authority audits, queries, and objections to tax assessments
- Assisting on Global Mobility Services by collating relevant information as well as preparation of tax calculations and returns
- Applying Tax and Legal risk management tools and procedures consistently
- Contribute effectively to the discussions around work and actively participate in generating creative ideas and thoughts
Technical and interpersonal skills or competencies:
At KPMG, we look at more than just your academic results. We will review your application, together with your performance in our assessments, to ensure that you have the best opportunity to demonstrate your potential. We will be considering your strengths and achievements alongside several other metrics, including technical background and/or experience, to ensure that you have the skills to succeed at KPMG
- Ability to produce accurate work to a high technical standard
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet required deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Presentable, professional and confident.
- Ability to manage stress and work under pressure.
- High level of integrity.
- Focused and disciplined.
- Target/results driven with a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Desire to improve the status quo.
- Persistent, persuasive and tenacious.
- Flexible and innovative.
- Strong attention to detail/methodical/analytical.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
Qualifications and experience:
- BCom Accounting, BCom Law, BCom Hons (Taxation) or HDip Tax
- Previous tax consulting experience will be an added advantage
Recruiter responsible for this position:
Brunhilde Klukowski – email@example.com
Contact No: 061 - 387500
Applications close 25 April 2020