Purpose of the job:
This position will participate in teams to deliver internal audit, risk management and corporate governance services to a wide variety of clients across all industries while providing clients with real, value added consulting services and enhancing the image of KPMG in the market place.
- Conducts research on prior reports/previous RACMs (risk and control matrices) /legislation
- Gets exposure to drafting the RACM
- Conducts the fieldwork and testing to the required standard
- Documents and references working papers and finding sheets to the required standard
- Updates electronic working papers timeously
- Informs superiors of how they are proceeding against deadlines
- Performs self-review of working papers and finding sheets
- Signs off the sections of the audit program worked on
- Clears review notes arising from the working papers timeously and adequately
- Prepares and completes findings sheets to required standard
- Discusses and confirms findings with process owner
- Returns all client documentation in the same condition it was received
- Provides Manager with a complete audit file (all required sections on file)
- Ensures all issues identified are supported and corroborated by adequate documentary evidence
- Delivers work within allocated budget
- Adheres to instructions on project instruction sheet and delivers on job specific goals
- Ensures all own deadlines are met / delivers work on time
- Alert supervisor/ manager of overruns asap
- Track overruns and adds appropriate overrun comments in timesheet
Technical Skills or competencies:
At KPMG, we look at more than just your academic results. We will review your application, together with your performance in our assessments, to ensure that you have the best opportunity to demonstrate your potential. We will be considering your strengths and achievements alongside several other metrics, including technical background and/or experience, to ensure that you have the skills to succeed at KPMG:
- Proven internal audit skills.
- Ability to assess and identify business risks.
- Well developed investigative, evaluative and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop internal audit programs and procedures.
- Excellent report writing ability.
- Ability to train and mentor junior staff.
- Good business acumen.
- Strong consulting and advisory skills.
- Good computer skills.
Critical Interpersonal or Interactive skills:
- Presentable, professional and confident.
- Diplomatic and tactful while remaining assertive.
- Ability to manage stress and work under pressure.
- High level of integrity.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Well spoken with good communication and listening skills.
- Ability to liaise at all levels.
- Emotional maturity.
- Focused and disciplined.
- Target/results driven with a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Desire to improve the status quo.
- Persistent, persuasive and tenacious.
- Has drive and resilience.
- Ability to take accountability.
- High energy levels.
- Self starter.
- Flexible and innovative.
- Strong attention to detail/methodical/analytical.
- Problem solving ability.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Willing to travel.
Qualifications and experience:
- B.com or equivalent (Honours degree preferable), CIA or parts thereof.
- Minimum 1 - 2 years Internal Audit experience/ External Audit articles
Recruiter responsible for this position:
Brunhilde Klukowski – firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact No: 061 - 387500
Applications close 25 April 2020