Established in 2015, the KPMG ASEAN Scholarship is a regional scholarship program aimed at Inspiring Confidence and Empowering Change among talented young undergraduates across Malaysia who are looking to get a great start in their careers with a professional services firm. This program is supported by KPMG offices in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam and Cambodia. At the heart of KPMG are our people. We are constantly on the look-out for bright and talented people like you, because we know you have the potential and the ability to change the future for the better. Your dreams and your ambitions will have a place to flourish at KPMG because we are interested in stretching your potential and accelerating your professional success. As a KPMG ASEAN scholar, you can look forward to diverse learning and professional development opportunities and cross-border exposures through a structured program which consists of three pillars:
- Professional Development
To help you build core competencies and skills and develop professionally through induction programs, structured internships in regional firms and mentorships by Partners, amongst other people development initiatives.
- Strategic Engagement
To help you build breadth and depth of knowledge across sectors and borders through interactions with KPMG leaders who will share valuable insights about their careers and outlook of the various industries and countries.
- Social Connection
Be part of the dynamic ASEAN network where you will get to know and interact with fellow ASEAN scholars who will be future leaders in different KPMG firms.
To date, we have received well over 1500 applications and have awarded over 20 scholarships to deserving young talents, most of whom have already commenced their employment at KPMG across various departments in the Firm. Through its comprehensive learning and development opportunities, we hope to welcome you in this program as you embark on your journey of growth and self-discovery at KPMG.
Application Period for 2022: November 2021 – January 2022
Perks and Benefits:
- Annual financial incentive worth RM12,000
- Structured mentorship by a KPMG Partner
- 2 internship placements (with chances to explore internship opportunities in other participating ASEAN countries namely Indonesia, Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam)
- Guaranteed employment post-graduation in any department of preference (with a 2-year bond)
- Opportunity to participate in firm-wide initiatives namely Corporate Citizenship activities, KPMG Well-being 360 events, KPMG Annual Dinner, Coffee Sessions and many more
- Opportunity to network and engage with KPMG Ambassadors
- Bachelor’s Degree with a 2nd Class Upper or a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or other equivalent qualification (Masters/Professional Accounting Qualification)
- Diploma or other equivalent qualification with a minimum CGPA of 3.5
- SPM or other equivalent qualification with a minimum of 6As (English and Mathematics at least -A)
- 1st or 2nd year Malaysian undergraduates pursuing any degrees/majors/fields/programs in any private or public universities in Malaysia
- Proven leadership qualities and active involvement in extracurricular activities
- Excellent command in English and writing skills
- Driven and results-oriented individuals with ‘Global’ and ‘ASEAN’ mindsets
Let’s hear from our ASEAN Scholars who have experienced internship(s) and/or have joined us in Malaysia as part of our extraordinary KPMG-ians.
Audit, Audit K
“Interning in both local & oversea, I experienced working in a culturally diverse workforce and different business environment. Professionally, my network grew while personally, I became a more resilient and independent person
Muhammad Zaidi Bin Hj Zainuddin
Tax, Transfer Pricing (TP)
“Being a KPMG scholar has improved me in many aspects of life while creating a lasting and meaningful friendship. If I were to go through the programme again, most definitely I would do so.”
Gan Kei Lun
Audit, Audit K
“With KPMG ASEAN Scholarship, I was given the opportunity to meet many amazing KPMG individuals by joining different CSR activities.”
Business Support, People, Performance & Culture (PPC)
“KPMG internship experiences in both local & oversea augmented my appreciation towards how KPMG could add value to a melting pot of stakeholders across national boundaries. Working alongside cross cultural, cross functional teams accelerated my career growth particularly in the facets of adaptability and agility within a fast-pace, competitive working environment.”
Lee Seng Zhen
Advisory, Governance & Sustainability (G&S)
“I am truly grateful for not only the opportunity to experience an internship in oversea, but also for the wonderful hospitality including the people and the environment. I also had the opportunity to network with partners, working with people from culturally diverse backgrounds and building friendship with the other ASEAN scholars.”
Completed local & oversea internships
“Being an ASEAN scholar, it has exposed me to many facets of the business world and I developed a better understanding of the business transformation during my internship with KPMG.”