Malta has repeatedly made the news as one of the few countries that is actively supporting the regulation of cryptocurrencies and development of DLT’s. In short, the vision is to create a digital economy. Malta is today moving swiftly towards becoming the Blockchain Island, supported by the recently set up Malta Digital Innovation Authority.
With legislation and regulation formally cominginto force on the 1st of November 2018,Malta now sits atop the DLT ladder as the firstjurisdiction to have actually designed an entireecosystem for DLT.
KPMG Malta has hopped onto the front seat toassist businesses and related entities set up inMalta.We are poised to walk through Malta’s DLTterrain, to seize the opportunities and to bringyour blockchain innovations to life, as well as toprovide ongoing advice and assistance on thenew regulations coming into force within theVirtual Financial Assets (VFA) sector.
The KPMG Malta VFA Team
Regulatory advisory and assistance with Initial VFA Offerings and to VFA Services providers
• Assistance with, and reviews of, licencing application documentation required for submission to the Regulatorunder the scope of the Virtual Financial Assets Act
• Evaluation workshops aimed at assessing business models and related regulatory implications
• Reviews of business plans, financial models, white papers and related funding requirements
• Advice and assistance with ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements
• Advisory and assistance with ensuring a good corporate governance, risk management and internal controlsinfrastructure
• Reviews of Financial Instrument Tests
• Training to Board of Directors and C-Suite cohort
• Advice and assistance with assessment of regulatory implications emanating from other jurisdictions inconnection with VFAOs
KPMG’s Global Cryptocurrency Framework
We work with VFA entities, large financial services organizations and exchanges to help integrate crypto into theirbusinesses. Our cross-functional teams include, cyber security professionals, technology and operations professionals,smart contract developers, regulatory compliance professionals, tax professionals, accounting advisors and auditors.
© 2020 KPMG, a Malta civil partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International, a Swiss cooperative. All rights reserved.
KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International”) is a Swiss entity. Member firms of the KPMG network of independent firms are affiliated with KPMG International. KPMG International provides no client services. No member firm has any authority to obligate or bind KPMG International or any other member firm vis-à-vis third parties, nor does KPMG International have any such authority to obligate or bind any member firm.