KPMG Microsoft Business Solutions is looking for an experienced and talented Senior Data & Analytics Solution Architect who will help to grow our data delivery team: architecting, designing and implementing large-scale Data Platform, Business Intelligence (BI) and Analytics solutions for our clients.
The role is highly technical and requires a robust understanding and hands-on expertise of Microsoft Azure cloud technologies, data architecture and modelling concepts. The role also demands strong analytical, problem solving, and planning skills. The role requires strong communication and collaboration skills and the motivation to achieve results in a dynamic business environment.
- Architecting and overall end-to-end design, deployment and delivery of Azure Data Platforms, across Data Lakes, Data Warehouses, Data Lakehouses, pipelines, Databricks, BI and Data Analytics solutions
- Presales, estimating and proposal writing, responding to RFPs
- Remaining up to date in new and emerging technologies
- Working with clients to develop data technology strategy and roadmaps, and plan delivery
- Oversight and support of delivery team outputs
- Data modelling, design, and build
- Infrastructure as Code delivery
- Enforcing technical architecture and documentation standards, policies and procedures
- Analysing, implementing, and resolving issues with existing Azure Data Platforms
- Working with business experts and customers to understand business needs, and translate business requirements into reporting and data analytics functionality
- Assisting in scoping, estimation and task planning for assigned projects
- Following the project work plans to meet functionality requirements, project objectives and timelines
- Providing accurate and complete technical architectural documents
- Addressing customer queries and issues in a timely manner
- Providing mentoring and hands on guidance to other team members
- Experience in designing and implementing Azure Data solutions using services such as:
- Azure Synapse Analytics
- Azure Databricks
- Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2
- Azure SQL Database
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure DevOps
- Azure Stream Analytics
- Azure Blob storage
- Azure Cosmos DB
- ARM templates
- Familiar with Microsoft Power BI
- Familiar with Azure Purview
- An understanding of Master Data Management and Data Governance frameworks
- Familiar with Infrastructure as Code approaches and implementations
- Familiar with development approaches such as CI/CD
- Familiar with Azure DevOps
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as a team member and leader in a diverse technical environment
- Be customer-service oriented
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Willing to travel across the UK and abroad when required
- Graduate-level education in Computer Science or a relevant field, or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level
- Formal training and/or certification on related technologies is highly valued
- Minimum of three years working in a similar role
- Knowledge of Common Data Models/Industry Data Models/Synapse Analytics Database templates will be considered an asset
- Experience in OLAP technology and the Microsoft on-premises BI Stack (SSIS/SSRS/SSAS) will be useful but is not compulsory
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 products, the Common Data Service (CDS) and the Microsoft Power Platform will be considered an asset
Microsoft Business Solutions Overview
KPMG’s Microsoft Business Solutions team is committed to provide IT solutions and managed services to clients, in order to help them accomplish their technology enabled transformation programmes. This is carried out in collaboration with other companies of the group as well as selected business partners. Our work focuses on ERP/CRM Solutions, e-Commerce, Bespoke/Custom Development and Integration services.
Using our business and IT expertise we can help automate and transform organisations with the established business technology solutions in Dynamics 365.
Be the change and make the change. Join our talented and successful team and make the leap into the future.
Enjoy the benefits
For this exciting opportunity we have put together a great package that combines a competitive salary with a bundle of extras, including business travel allowances and medical insurance for you and your family.
Be a part of our success
If you would like to implement industry leading ERP solutions, then look no further. Please send your CV and covering letter to MBSMTfirstname.lastname@example.org or directly to the Malta office (Marsa).