KPMG Microsoft Business Solutions is looking for a talented Data Engineer who will assist in designing and implementing Business Intelligence (BI) and large-scale Data Analytics solutions for our customers. The role is highly technical and requires a robust understanding of data architecture and modelling concepts. The role also demands strong analytical, problem solving, and planning skills. The successful applicant will require strong communication and collaboration skills and the motivation to achieve results in a dynamic business environment.
- Architecting and general end-to-end design of BI and Data Analytics solutions
- Designing and building efficient, appropriate, data models and pipelines
- Helping to embed technical architecture and documentation standards, governance, policies, processes, and procedures
- Working with business experts and customers to understand business needs, translating business requirements into reporting and data analytics functionality
- Assisting in scoping, estimation and task planning for assigned projects
- Remaining up to date in new and emerging technologies
- Following project work plans to meet functionality requirements, project objectives, and timelines
- Providing accurate and complete technical architectural documents
- Addressing customer queries and issues in a timely manner
- Providing hands on guidance to other team members
- Experience in designing and implementing Azure Data solutions using services such as:
- Azure Synapse Analytics
- Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2
- Azure SQL Database
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Stream Analytics
- Azure Databricks
- Azure Blob storage
- Azure Cosmos DB
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft Power BI
- Experience in OLAP technology and the Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS/SSRS/SSAS)
- An understanding of Master Data Management and Data Governance frameworks
- Familiar with development approaches such as CI/CD and Microservices
- Have working knowledge of Azure DevOps
- • Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Be customer-service oriented
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Graduate-level education in Computer Science or a relevant field, or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level
- Formal training and/or certification on related technologies is highly valued
- Minimum of three (3) years working in a similar role
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 products, the Dataverse (CDS) and Microsoft Power Platform will be considered an asset
Microsoft Business Solutions Overview
KPMG’s Microsoft Business Solutions team is committed to provide IT solutions and managed services to clients, in order to help them accomplish their technology enabled transformation programmes. This is carried out in collaboration with other companies across the KPMG group as well as selected business partners. Our work focuses on ERP/CRM Solutions, e-Commerce, Bespoke/Custom Development and Integration services.
Using our business and IT expertise we can help automate and transform organisations with the established business technology solutions in Dynamics 365 and beyond.
Be the change and make the change. Join our talented and successful team and make the leap into the future.
Enjoy the benefits
For this exciting opportunity we have put together a great package that combines a competitive salary with a bundle of extras, including business travel allowances and medical insurance for you and your family.