KPMG Microsoft Business Solutions helps organisations achieve business transformations. Our clients include leading trading companies, producers, retailers and member associations. We are fully versed in Microsoft technology and have an inside track on all their latest developments. Plus, with our worldwide network of 200,000 KPMG professionals in 154 countries, we have in-depth knowledge of cultures and businesses both locally and globally.
Joining KPMG Microsoft Business Solutions means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG Microsoft Business Solutions; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
The Senior Finance Manager will drive commercial performance success by supporting the business and advising the management on strategic and operational decisions.
The role sits within our Malta office, and will partner with business stakeholders across the firm and the wider KPMG network, as well as other enabling functions.
You will manage a local finance team, which together with the Finance Lead supports the business and the central / transactional arms of the finance team.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of the business areas being supported
- Build strong and trusting relationships with key stakeholders
- Track KPIs performance, at both project and business unit levels
- Manage delivery of commentaries, MI packs and briefing papers, both standardised and ad hoc, in accordance with business priorities
- Drive standardisation and efficiency in use of MI in general, challenging exceptions
- Drive commercial agenda across the business areas, allowing the business to understand the potential upside of taking relevant actions
- Support Deal Board and other pre-engagement forums; especially around engagement budgeting and forecasting
- Manage in-flight commercial reviews to gain a deeper understanding of margin leakage and commercial learning points
Financial Planning, Reporting, & Control
- Own the delivery of business plans, budgets, and forecasts across the business areas, including challenging the leadership on underlying assumptions
- Own the Working Capital KPIs for the business area being supported and ensure the business is taking sufficient action on WIP and debt items and EL/EM underperformance is escalated
- Manage cost management processes and spend controls
- Stewardship over the financial records of the company. Ensure that the accounts accurately reflect the financial performance and position of the business units and the entity in whole. Scrutinise the underlying data and manage accruals accordingly.
- Act as local operations go-to person for central finance and third-party advisors/service providers (e.g. tax, financial reporting, auditors).
- Ensure Finance processes and policies are adhered to. Challenge deviation and always be forward thinking about improvements
Skills and Qualifications
- Fully qualified accountant with a strong commercial mindset
- Relevant finance business partnering experience
- Working knowledge of project & cost accounting, including capacity/absorption
- Strong people and team management skills/experience
- Resilient and able to work with and influence multiple highly demanding stakeholders
- Able to work out of own accord, without continuous direct supervision
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be treated in strictest confidence.