Value added tax (VAT) is creating increasing challenges to businesses in terms of its impact on cash and administrative burden.
Value added tax (VAT) is creating increasing challenges to businesses...
Indirect taxes – such as value added taxes, custom duties and excise – can represent a significant part of a company’s annual turnover. The magnitude of these tax collections is rarely highlighted in annual reports. Yet, indirect tax raises significant risks for all businesses. Poor indirect tax management can squeeze cash flow, allow the over or underpayment of tax and attract penalties for non-compliance.
KPMG’s Indirect Taxes team is devoted to provide you with a practical approach to various business situations and help you efficiently implement it in the Macedonian environment.
We are able to review your company’s current VAT, customs and excise duty position, provide relevant advice and planning ideas, and help you with your administrative obligations and discussion with administrative authorities.
KPMG’s tax team has large experience and developed techniques in analyzing VAT data, identify errors and irregularities based on company records including assisting companies in meeting the requirements for periodical VAT return submission in the Macedonian e-tax system.
Our Macedonian practice works closely together with Indirect Tax professionals in other countries. For more information, please visit KPMG’s Global Indirect Tax website.
We have vast experience in supporting businesses in various indirect tax matters.
Indirect tax planning and advice
- Planning of complex transactions and investments in terms of VAT, customs and excise effects
- Providing strategic advice on cross-border projects, supply chain transactions, contract structures, property investments, infrastructure projects
- Providing ongoing and timely support in VAT, excise and customs matters
Outsourcing VAT Compliance
- Supporting businesses with VAT compliance services including but not limited to assistance with the VAT registration procedure, preparation and filing of VAT returns, management of the risk of non-compliance, etc.
Tax litigation and tax audit assistance
- Assisting in VAT, excise and customs audits and in handling communications with the inspectors
- Appealing VAT, excise and customs assessments and related administrative penalties
- Representing clients before the Public Revenue and Customs offices in defending specific business
positions and obtaining written answers
Technology services and tax reviews
- Assisting businesses in setting up ERP systems and internal controls
- Analyzing data from ERP systems to identify errors, irregularities or overpayments
- Reviewing internal procedures and controls affecting the VAT reports
- Reviewing the VAT and excise compliance status of companies