Tax News: New Rulebooks regarding the Law on Conducting Accounting Activities and IACA statements
Tax News: New Rulebooks
Three new Rulebooks regarding the Law on Conducting Accounting Activities were published in the Official Gazette No.220/16 dated 2 December 2016.
- The form and content of the request from legal entities (sole-proprietors or companies) to receive a license to work as an accountant/certified accountant as well as the content of the licenses;
- The form and the content of the request from individuals to be entered into the Register of Accountants and Certified Accountants;
- The form and the content of the request from individuals to receive a certificate for an accountant/certified accountant.
These new Rulebooks are in line with the recent amendments to the Law which we presented in the previous issue of our Tax News.
Based on the amendments and the new Rulebooks, the Institute of Accountants and Certified Accountants (the Institute) issued several statements in relation to the obligation for individuals to change their temporary certificates issued by the Ministry of Finance (under the previous legislation) with the new permanent certificates which are to be issued by the Institute (according to the new provisions of the Law). In a nutshell, the statements set out the following:
- Individuals who hold temporary certificates and have already submitted complete documentation to the Institute in accordance with the Institute’s Public Call of 30 August 2016 (i.e. before the new amendments were promulgated) will be considered to have submitted the request to receive their new permanent certificate as required under the new amendments. Individuals can check on the Institute’s website whether their documentation has been accepted as complete.
- Individuals who hold temporary certificates and have not submitted complete documentation to the Institute according to the Institute’s Public Call of 30 August 2016 need to submit a request for a new certificate until 16 December 2016.
- Individuals who do not hold temporary certificates issued by the Ministry (under the previous legislation) can submit requests for certificates to the Institute until the end of the year.
The complete statements from the Institute can be found at the following link.
© 2022 KPMG AUDIT DOO, a limited liability company registered in the Republic of North Macedonia and a member firm of the KPMG global organization of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Limited, a private English company limited by guarantee. All rights reserved.
For more detail about the structure of the KPMG global organization please visit https://home.kpmg/governance.