Frequently asked questions
Frequently asked questions
Interested in participating in KICC but have questions? We have answers.
You have questions. We have answers.
- When do the International Finals take place?
- What's my first step to get involved?
- How many members must each team have to participate?
- How are teams of four assembled?
- Can I participate if my home country is not listed as a participant?
- What types of cases are analyzed at the international level?
- When is the competition in my country?
- What is the cost to participate?
- Do I have to be a student to participate?
- What is the format of the competition?
- Is there a prize for the winning team?
- Can I participate in KICC even if I do not have a valid passport for international travel?
- Will KPMG offer me employment if my team wins KICC or if I participate in it?
- Will KPMG help me secure a visa, if required, if my team is selected for the event?
- Will I be allowed to extend my stay at my own cost?
WHEN DO THE INTERNATIONAL FINALS TAKE PLACE?
KICC 2016 is taking place 11-14, April 2016 and will once again be held in Dubai, UAE.
What's my first step to get involved?
Visit the Get Involved page to see if your country is participating in KICC2016. If your country is listed, contact your local KPMG representative for details of how to participate in your country.
How many members must each team have to participate?
Teams can only compete in groups of four students. No exceptions are made for groups with more or fewer team members.
How are teams of four assembled?
Formation of teams varies by each participating country. Please contact your local KPMG representative for more details.
Can I participate if my home country is not listed as a participant?
To participate in KPMG's International Case Competition 2016, you must compete as part of a nationally sponsored KPMG team. Visit the Get Involved page to see if your country is participating in KICC 2016.
What types of cases are analyzed at the international level?
Challenging cases on a variety of topics are reviewed. KPMG member firms provide many professional services to clients, and the cases analyzed at the international competition reflect this. What you can be sure of however is that you will have to integrate qualitative and quantitative analysis and formulate strategic recommendations. As for the sector or challenge itself? Teams at the international level should be ready for anything!
When is the competition in my country?
Each participating country runs their local competition a bit differently. Please contact your local KPMG representative for more details.
What is the cost to participate?
There is no cost to participate in the international final. All travel costs to the finals are covered by KPMG.
Do I have to be a student to participate?
Yes, only active students can participate in the KPMG International Case Competition. Your intended degree and field of study can vary, and we encourage students from all disciplines to participate in their local competitions.
What is the format of the competition?
The international competition takes place over four days. An example of the 2015 format is below:
- Day 1: Get to know KPMG, member firm leaders and recruiters and get to know the other participants, followed by a ‘’Meet the Judges’’ dinner.
- Day 2: Teams analyze and present one case to two separate judging panels. This is done in a staggered format and you are given time to modify and improve your suggestions before your second presentation. A group dinner is held in the evening to enjoy, relax and network.
- Day 3: All teams will compete in a second round of case analysis. You will analyze a different case and present back to separate judging panels. In the evening we will announce the 3 finalist teams.
- Day 4: The finalist teams analyze and present a new case to the entire judging panel and all non-finalist teams. The winning team is announced at a celebratory reception that evening.
Is there a prize for the winning team?
Each member of the KICC 2016 International final winning team will be awarded a round trip flight on Emirates to any of the 140+ destinations to which Emirates fly.
Can I participate in KICC even if I do not have a valid passport for international travel?
Yes, you can. However, if your team wins your national round and is eligible to travel to the international finals, you are responsible for having the appropriate travel documents.
Will KPMG offer me employment if my team wins KICC or if I participate in it?
It is possible, but not guaranteed. This competition is treated as a separate event to any local member firm's official recruitment process.
Will KPMG help me secure a visa, if required, if my team is selected for the event?
KPMG will work with you to the extent possible to secure travel documents. As requirements for each country vary, please contact your local firm directly for more information.
Will I be allowed to extend my stay at my own cost?
This depends on local firm guidelines. For details on your local competition, please contact your local representative.