Join KPMG Lighthouse as Data Engineer
Join KPMG Lighthouse as Data Engineer
Lighthouse – KPMG’s cutting-edge data & analytics team is growing!
Are you looking for a place to harness your technical skills? Our journey has only just begun, and we are looking for people who are passionate about creating scalable cutting-edge solutions to further build our international center of excellence in Riga to support clients across Latvia, Lithuania and Sweden, as well as global clients. We are now hiring data engineers, data scientists, BI developers and Azure cloud engineers.
KPMG is creating a highly specialized technical team called the KPMG Lighthouse. KPMG Lighthouse, a Center of Excellence for Data, AI & Emerging Technologies, is a curation of specialized technical capabilities and domain experts working across the digital landscape. Here, you'll be an important part of our high-energy, unique, fast-paced, and innovative culture that delivers with the agility of a tech startup and the backing of a leading global consulting firm. Our technology-agnostic approach enables us to scale up or down and integrate across leading platforms.
We are an organization of ambitious individuals with broad experience, varied backgrounds and technical skills such as full stack developers, data scientists, azure cloud developers, product owners, scrum masters and much more. KPMG Lighthouse stretches across the globe and consists of the very best and brightest technology minds that are ready to challenge the status quo.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate / Senior Associate Data Engineer to internal function at KPMG Lighthouse.
Role & Responsibilities
- Design, build, test, and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture in Microsoft Azure
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Collaborate closely with data scientists and BI specialists towards greater efficiency and functionality in data processes
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and other stakeholders to translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Assist the team with data-related technical issues and support data infrastructure needs.
- Develop and update technical documentation
What are we looking for?
- You have an academic education (Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Information Systems or related field) as a prerequisite, but we highly value your experience in data related field.
- At least 1-2 years of work experience in a Data Engineer role
- Proven experience in designing efficient, robust and automated data pipelines and ETL workflows.
- Experience in developing cloud-based solution using Microsoft Azure, AWS, or other cloud providers
- Advanced knowledge in SQL
- Strong knowledge in at least one object-oriented/object function scripting languages such as Scala, Python, Java, C++ etc.
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and familiarity with a variety of SQL and noSQL databases.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- You enjoy solving complex problems and getting any job well done
- You are passioned about technology and data and analytics challenges
- You are a great team player and collaborate flawlessly
- You have sustained attention to detail and have ability to describe complex technical issues in a clear non-technical way
- You are fluent in spoken and written English
- You demonstrate a positive approach towards problem solving under pressure, you are a self-motivated, emotionally intelligent and pro-active person, who demonstrates good communication skills, critical thinking, problem solving skills and eagerness to learn and grow.
What do we offer?
A lot of exciting things are happening within Data & Analytics around the world and KPMG is determined to be in the very forefront. As a team member within KPMG Lighthouse, you will be placed and work in-house but participate in both internal and external projects for new services and products to create great business value every day to our three business areas: Advisory, Audit and Tax. You will support with specific digital data platform and solutions based on advanced analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions.
You will be given a high degree of freedom and will be a central part of our delivery teams towards building scalable and robust services. Apart from technical knowledge, all our services are based on our domain expertise, creating maximum value for our clients.
- Base salary from 2000 up to 3000 EUR gross/monthly (based on your profile and experience) and to be reviewed annually
- Year-end bonus
- Referral program
- A fast paced, dynamic and international environment
- Professional team
- Professional training and Career development
- International opportunities
- Health and Life insurance from day one
- Sports activities
- Offer a choice of work remotely from your current location, or work from office in Riga.
- Ongoing support from Performance Manager
- Extra days off
- Buddy programme
- Mobile phone and allowance for calls
Want to make a difference together with us?
Warmly welcome with your application as soon as possible! Apply here!
If you have any questions regarding the position, you are welcome to contact responsible Recruiting Manager Edvins Elferts at email@example.com or our Talent Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org !
By sending your application to KPMG Baltics SIA you provide voluntary consent to processing of your personal data, contained in the application documents, by KPMG Baltics SIA for recruitment purposes. You have the right to ask questions in case you wish to learn more about how we process your personal data. Contact us via email@example.com.