Going listed is the way to both increase the company’s prestige and raise capital for its development
Increase the company’s prestige and raise capital for its development
Funding a Business
A strategic approach to defining your capital financing objectives and understanding your debt, mezzanine, and equity financing options in light of both private and capital market sources is essential to sustainable growth.
We offer hands-on assistance through the process of raising capital, from initial assessment and strategy to successful execution. Using clear and consistent communications, we can help you develop and strengthen shareholder support for the deal.
Our integrated team of specialists helps you focus on the key questions to develop and implement capital structuring transactions and raise capital in alignment with your goals.
- Financing strategy: How do I maximize shareholder and stakeholder value?
- Option identification and evaluation: What sources of finance (debt / equity) may be available?
- Deal execution: How do I achieve the best terms?
- Closing: How do I manage communications?
- Ongoing management and stakeholder communication: How do I manage stakeholder communications to maintain lender and shareholder support?
Going listed is the way to both increase the company’s prestige and raise capital for its development.
IPO is an important decision that will greatly change the way your business operates. The readiness to go public must be evaluated objectively. The management must be ready to adapt operations to suit a wide array of shareholders from day one. This includes constant observance of compliance and regulatory requirements, operational efficiency, risk management, periodic reporting and investor relations.
We help our clients succeed building on our knowledge of the types of securities and the full life cycle of capital markets. In 2021 KPMG Baltics became Pan-Baltic Certified Adviser to Nasdaq Baltic First North Market. The status of a Pan-Baltic Certified Adviser enables KPMG Baltics to consult companies across all three Baltic countries that wish to enter NASDAQ First North market and beyond. The role of a certified adviser is to support companies in the preparation process, and to provide the necessary support and advice after entering the First North market.
KPMG specialists will support the company in all activities leading to an IPO:
- Reorganisation of the company (legal support)
- Legal, financial and tax due diligence
- Support for the improvement of the company (incl. corporate governance, ESG)
- Strategy for raising capital, financial modelling
- Attracting institutional investors within the placement (in cooperation with the investment bank)
- Registration of securities with the depository, listing
The Nasdaq First North Market is tailored to support growing companies that wish to raise capital and get the visibility and credibility of being a public company. For investors, First North offers an opportunity to participate and witness the growth of a company. First North is an alternative market on NASDAQ and is often seen as a first step towards trading on the regulated market.
Kārlis Urbāns, M&A, Deal Advisory, Certified Nasdaq First North Consultant
Gvido Bajārs, Head of Financial Services Practice Group, Certified Nasdaq First North Consultant