Work from home with confidence
Now is the time to look ahead and anticipate any issues your business could run into incorporating a more permanent homeworking solution—and even more so if that business is based in Luxembourg. The cross-border situation brings unique issues, regarding tax and governance especially. But a well-prepared business also looks at potential issues with IT equipment, recruitment, people management, and personal tax and social security. Here at KPMG Luxembourg we are ready to assist you with all your homeworking needs.
How homeworking will benefit your organization
COVID-19 sky-rocketed homeworking into the spotlight. It has not only proven itself as a viable option, but in many cases a preferred one for employees. However, evidence shows employers are also reaping the benefits— homeworking solutions improve employee retention rates and help you woo top talent. Other added bonuses include reduced real-estate costs and the opportunity to cutback your carbon footprint. What’s not to like?
Better work-life balance
Reduced carbon footprint
Improved retention rates
Count on the experts at KPMG
KPMG Luxembourg is uniquely positioned to assist you with all of your homeworking needs. Our expertise is rooted in tried-and-tested methods, meaning we truly understand the pain points arising from this adjustment. Our experts are on hand to help you anticipate whatever may come your way.
Key considerations: Are you asking the right questions?
and people management
and social security
- How do we organize a virtual EGM?
- Can we perform a review in real-time?
- What is the best way to account for and document votes and minutes properly?
- Is it possible to prove tasks were performed in Luxembourg?
- Are the IT platforms used for meetings and storage secure?
- Can trusted people from outside the organization access and upload documents securely?
- Where should strategic decisions be made?
- When do you have a risk of Permanent Establishment abroad?
- What are the financial consequences of such a risk?
- Can we set up minimum substance criteria?
- How do we organize staff roles and qualifications?
- How do we adapt homeworking to substance rules?
- What are the new business essentials?
- Can we go paperless?
- What tools do teams require to produce deliverables?
- Can decisions be taken at the same speed?
- Do we still have to rely on legacy systems?
- Can our IT department roll out updates seamlessly?
Recruitment and people management
- How do we engage and motivate employees?
- What does remote leadership look like?
- Is it possible to develop our people digitally?
- How can we measure performance?
- What does it take to be an attractive digital recruiter?
Personal tax and social security
- How do we calculate the net salary of cross-border employees?
- How will our employees’ social security affiliation change?
- What are our payroll obligations?
- How much will it cost your employees and your company to work from home?
- How can we cater for cross-border workers in our homeworking policy?