What will you find in this document?
- What are the securitisation undertakings as per the Luxembourg law?
- What are the securitisation undertakings as per the Regulation?
- Which entities in Luxembourg are impacted by the Regulation?
- What is included in the EU Securitisation Regulation (‘the Regulation’)?
Key benefits of the EU Securitisation Regulation:
The Regulation applicable on the EU securitisation entities (SSPE and STS) is termed as a victory for the European securitisation industry and is perceived as being particularly beneficial for the capital market, as it aims to:
- build the investors’ confidence in the securitisation entities;
- help investors evaluate the risks related to securitisation, both within and across products;
- improve risk management especially with the risk retention regulation as mentioned above;
- bring in transparency and regular availability of information (including the investor reports and information related to underlying exposures);
- develop a new regime of STS which will provide a more risk-sensitive framework for securitisation transactions; and
- allow STS securitisation transactions to receive preferential capital treatment and benefit from other regulatory advantages such as a proposed exemption from clearing and a proposed relaxation of margin rules for derivatives entered by an SSPE.
Click here to know more about the “EU Securitisation Regulation”