Benchmarking and diagnostics of the treasury function:
- based on extensive experience of KPMG’s cooperation with the largest Kazakhstani and international companies, our professionals have developed an effective methodology for comprehensive diagnostics and analysis of a company’s treasury function.
- KPMG’s approach involves a detailed study of a company’s treasury function on fifteen key areas. Proceeding from a comprehensive analysis of the received data, the range of the main goals is identified and priority development areas are highlighted, with specific recommendations issued for each area.
Cash, liquidity, and bank account management:
- review cash account and bank fees for cost savings opportunities.
- recommend cash receipt and disbursement processes to improve efficiencies, position transparency and liquidity, position management (e.g., central cash pooling), and cash and capital repatriation.
- recommend shared service or centralized functions (e.g., in-house banks).
- evaluate opportunities to centralize certain treasury functions. Examples include: funding, operations, accounting, cash management, and risk management.
- review alternative geographies or vendors providing optimal economic, financial, and tax benefits.
Systems selection and implementation:
- assist management in identifying potential commodity risk management systems, analytics, and supporting modeling assumptions.
- assist management in identifying business and functional requirements, assist with vendor RFP, and facilitate vendor demonstrations.
- assist management in planning management systems implementation activities.