Our main partner in educational projects is Dara Charity Foundation. We have been implementing the We Discover the World project since 2015 and aim to create conditions for inclusive education and development of visually-impaired children in general education schools.
KPMG in Kazakhstan helped to implement the following activities:
- Educational workshops for visually-impaired children with the participation of 200+ specialists, trainers, principals of general education schools from different regions of Kazakhstan.
- Three classes for visually-impaired children at school No.10 of Astana are opened under the Montessori method comprising special practical training areas in natural science and story of Kazakhstan and Astana allowing visually-impaired children to touch and feel the map of Kazakhstan and miniature symbols of its capital.
- Special equipment and materials were purchased for such classes including reading machine, Braille portable touchscreen, folding walking canes with tip, learning materials and workbooks, and Braille printer.
- Materials for the production of development busy boards were purchased. Educational and useful development boards were sent to over 20 correction centers throughout Kazakhstan.
- Classes for visually impaired children were opened in Aktobe, Aktau, Kostanay.
Currently over 30 visually impaired children study in 6 classes. Our cooperation has become a good example, and other companies are also involved in the project.
Degree of involvement: once a week in a regular basis