We are experts in preparing essential forms and tax returns, ensuring you meet the legal compliance requirements on time and in full.
Identifying US tax filing requirements and preparing these filings can become challenging.
U.S. tax filing requirements can be very challenging to identify and complete, especially with foreign investments. We are experts in preparing the essential forms and tax returns, ensuring you meet the legal compliance requirements on time and in full.
Funds that have U.S. investments or have U.S. investor reporting obligations must report income under U.S. federal income tax principals, as well as reporting results to the Internal Revenue Service and investors.
Our experts can prepare the following forms and tax returns, ensuring you are compliant:
- Schedule K-1s: Funds classified as partnerships for U.S. tax purposes may need to provide tax reporting to U.S. investors, as well as non-U.S. vehicles that have direct or indirect U.S. investors.
- Passive Foreign Investment Company (PFIC) statements: Funds classified as corporate entities for U.S. tax purposes may need to provide PFIC statements to their investors.
- Income tax returns: Funds organized under U.S. law, or deriving income from U.S. sources are required to file U.S. income tax returns.
- Withholding tax returns: Funds which receive U.S. source income may be required to file U.S. withholding tax returns and comply with withholding U.S. tax deposit requirements.
- State requirements: Funds that have U.S. investments in businesses located, or investors resident in certain States, may be required to file tax returns in those locations. We can help identify any State filing obligations of the Fund.