Function and Specialization :
- Management Consulting: Strategy, Business Transformation, IT PMO.
Education, Licenses and Certifications
•BEng -Mechanical Engineering & Management, University of Bradford, UK.
•MBA - Bradford Management School, UK, 2009.
•London Business School – Developing a Sustainable Competitive Advantage
[DSCA, Exec Ed]
- Tariq is a Director the Management
Consulting service line within Kuwait’s Advisory Function. Tariq has
a proven track record in leading and delivering transformation projects within
the public & private sector. He has in excess of 18 years
professional experience with diverse specializations including Strategy,
Operations, HR, Procurement and IT both within the UK and the Middle East. Throughout his tenure, Tariq has successfully directed, led and project managed multiple engagements from initiation to closure in a multitude of sectors.
- He has a reputation for diligently working collaboratively with leadership in a number of sectors including Oil & Gas services, Healthcare, Consumer Goods and Retail / Distribution, Building Construction & Real Estate, Transportation, Financial Services (Banking & Investment) , Automotive, Hospitality (Hotels & Restaurants, Food & Beverage), Higher Education, Ministry of Electricity & Water, Ministry of Finance, and numerous Family Owned Businesses.
- Tariq was the engagement manager for the HR Business Process Reengineering project for the largest and most successful retailer franchise with over 70 global brands, circa 35,000 employees and operating across EMEA. KPMG’s engagement team reengineered the HR processes including recruitment and on-boarding, employee self-service, and Payroll etc. The benefit to the client included a transformation of HR from disparate systems to an RFP with future state processes to enable a fully integrated Oracle HCM solution with a single source of truth from a ‘candidate’ to effective ‘employee’ lifecycle management.
- Tariq led the development of the Corporate & Business Strategy for an Oil & Gas services company based in Saudi Arabia. KPMG assisted the client to align its long-term strategy to ARAMCO for plant shutdowns & turnarounds and industrial services. Tariq worked closely with the CXO team to design the future state business model. He led the team to conduct the operational efficiency index to determine the efficacy of each business unit and identified the areas for performance / reengineering optimization. The project included capturing the business blueprints for the system implementation.
- Tariq managed the delivery team during a key engagement with one of the largest family businesses in Saudi Arabia with sole distributor licenses in Saudi for global brands including Rolls-Royce, BMW, Hyundai, Jaguar Land Rover, Mini, L’Oreal, Garnier, Vichy, Mars, Galaxy (Masterfoods). KPMG’s engagement team was responsible for restructuring the family business and designing and implementing a new ‘Corporate’ office for improved information, communication and culture. The Strategic Business Units were clustered by market segmentation (i.e. Automotive, Consumer Products, Transportation) to improve the commerciality. Management information resulted in new synergies between SBU’s to exploit inter-firm opportunities.
- The engagement involved an assessment of 30 executive management and how they individually contributed to the bank’s Balanced Scorecard. In
addition, KPMG conducted a company-wide employee satisfaction survey to identify which areas require the investment and improvement. KPMG’s deep-dive and analysis led to the team recommending a number of initiatives including performance-based incentivizes, market alignment of the compensation structure and upgrading the core banking system.
- Tariq project managed a key engagement with a local public transport (PT) company to conduct qualitative & quantitative market research to understand PT user behaviors. KPMG analyzed the data using the business research triangulation methodology. The recommendations resulted in the client introducing new routes, pre-paid (stored value) cards, a charter bus service and a new ticket office with an estimated revenue growth of 4mill USD growth by 2016/7.
- Tariq led the IT PMO for Kuwait’s Ministry of Electricity & Water SAPimplementation. Prior to KPMG’sinvolvement with the Ministry’s Consumer Affairs Division, the implementation had failed to progress in line with the project plan. KPMG immediately initiated a project recovery plan that required an in-depth analysis of the project issues, brainstorming with all the entities, effective transparent communication, crisis management, negotiation of renewed contractual terms and a feedback cycle. Identifying the challenges and corroborating the assumptions enabled the PMO to build credibility and act as an independent management function.
- Tariq managed the transformation engagement for ‘Dhaman’ the recently established Health Assurance Company responsible for the provision of world-class healthcare to serve key segments of Kuwait’s population.
- Tariq is currently leading the project management of the Central e-Collections System between the Ministry of Finance and 6 other ministries. This is a first in the Gulf region and is expected to be completed in January 2018.
- Tariq has applied numerous KPMG tools / frameworks including Cost Optimization, the ‘Investor lens’ methodology, Behavioural Change Management, IT Program Management Office, Business Process Reengineering, Target Operating Model, Value Delivery Framework (VDF), Agile.
- He was a key member of Reckitt Benckiser (formerly SSL International) UK Projects team where he was involved in capturing existing Businesses Processes and systematically reengineering processes to improve the business efficiency for the global supply chain and logistics networks