Director - Tax & Corporate Services
- Naveen is qualified as an Associate of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Bachelor of Law and Bachelor of Commerce (Hons.) major as Accountancy and taxes from India.
- Naveen has worked over 13 years in the field of Tax Compliance and Advisory with Big 4 firms in India, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait.
- Naveen has worked with companies to develop their tax policies to strengthen tax compliance, internal controls and to achieve tax efficiencies.
- Naveen has worked with a wide range of clients with different activities.
- Naveen has significant experience in advising clients on their tax compliance matters including registration with Ministry of Finance (MOF) in Kuwait for tax purposes, review of agreements related to Kuwait operations, tax planning, review of tax declaration to be filed to MOF, discussions with Head of Tax Inspections / Tax Inspector over tax treatment of specific and material items which have been a point of contention between the MOF and clients.
- Naveen has extensive experience in advising major multinational companies in structuring their operations in Kuwait in a tax-efficient manner including detailed advice in respect of the application of various tax treaties with Kuwait.
- Naveen has led a number of tax structuring (inbound and outbound) and tax litigation engagements for its clients including local Kuwaiti companies and foreign companies operating in Kuwait.
- Naveen has worked closely with the Ministry of Finance in Kuwait and has strong relationships with the tax authorities.
- Naveen also has experience in FATCA and CRS advisory and compliance work for a large portfolio of clients in the Financial Services sector including major investment companies in Kuwait.
- Naveen has also assisted the Financial Services sector for FATCA and CRS services including, Gap Analysis, review and update of Policies and Procedures, certification of annual reports in line with the local laws and regulations.
- With his extensive experience, Naveen has proven results in bringing favorable tax assessment, tax-efficient structuring, and maintaining its client a global multi-national tax compliant corporate citizen.
Extensive experience in the Oil sector (Upstream and Downstream), Engineering & construction, Drilling services, Infrastructure, Power Generation and Distribution, Banking and Financial Services, Professional services, F&B, FMCG, and Retail sector.