Samjong KPMG launched its “North Korea Business Center” to support businesses engaging in inter-Korean economic cooperation and business projects.
Samjong KPMG launched its “North Korea Business Center” to support businesses.
▶ Overview of the North Korea Business Center
Samjong KPMG launched its “North Korea Business Center” in June 2014 to support businesses engaging in inter-Korean economic cooperation and business projects. The center is comprised of more than thirty experts from the fields of audit, tax, advisory and consulting, ready to deliver entry strategies, insights on project feasibility, financing as well as advisory services on development and investment to clients as “North Korea Business Advisors”.
▶ Providing a Primer on doing Business with North Korea
As the industry expert, Samjong KPMG recognized the significance and potential of inter-Korean economic cooperation. After two years of consultation and research, the center’s endeavors were materialized by the publication of the “Business Strategy in North Korea” in April 2018. As the product of consolidated effort by thirty task force members, twenty industry-specific writing staff, outside advisors and personnel with hands-on experience with inter-Korean business enterprises, the book functions both as a consulting report and a strategy guide that lays out phased strategies per developments in the inter-Korean economic cooperation.
▶ Primary Services
Financial Advisory for Doing Business with North Korea
• Feasibility study
• Due Diligence (Commercial, Financial & Tax)
• Advisory services on Business plan
• Advisory services on investment structure and financing
• Advisory services on establishing joint ventures and retrieving investments
Strategy Consulting for Doing Business with North Korea
• Advisory services on Entry strategies
• Advisory services on Economic Zone Entry strategies
• Establishing nvestment strategies for Public-Private Partnership (PPP)
• Feasibility study for PPP-type business plans
• Advisory services on establishing financial structure & project financing
• Auditing and tax advisory
• Cost analysis statement for inter-Korean Cooperation Fund
• Advisory services on establishing sustainable government policies
• Consultation on creating value through developments in North Korea
• Consultation on private opportunities through international cooperation and development