Since joining KPMG in 2006, Simon has led engagements at a wide range of Banking clients, including large global retail, commercial and investment banks. His focus is on AML and sanctions.
Simon has advised banks with global operations on AML and sanctions compliance.
Anti-Money Laundering experience
Simon has led teams in AML and Due Diligence engagements to:
- Review policies and procedures for compliance with regulations and good practice.
- Assess transaction monitoring systems and processes.
- Advise on enhanced due diligence of high risk customers (including PEOs and correspondent banks).
Simon has extensive experience in delivering large sanctions investigations and look backs:
- 12 months full-time leading the data and transaction investigation teams for a major UK retail bank.
- 48 months full-time leading the transaction investigation team for one of the largest global investment banks.
- Led transaction investigation teams comprising more than 150 IT and financial services specialists across the globe including: London, Paris, Milan, Geneva and Rome.
Leadership, publications participation in litigations
- Developed investigation protocols to identify and assess transactions for compliance with sanctions legislations for a full range of retail and investment banking products.
- Written and delivered training material covering sanctions regulations and investigation of transactions.
- Designed and implemented case management systems to support sanctions transaction reviews.
- Prepared reports of findings for submission to U.S. Authorities
- Advised senior bank management on the scope and progress of sanctions investigations and look backs.
- Supported bank and external counsel in managing and delivering sanctions investigations and look backs.