Manager, Information Technology (IT) Audit - Central Bank of Kenya
Manager, IT Audit - Central Bank of Kenya
The Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) is responsible for formulating monetary policy to achieve and maintain price stability. The Central Bank also promotes financial stability; an effective and efficient payment, clearing and settlement system; formulates and implements foreign exchange policies; holds and manages foreign exchange reserves; issuing of currency; and is the banker for, adviser to and fiscal agent of the Government.
To fulfil its vision to be a World-Class Modern Central Bank, the Bank is looking for a professional, committed and highly skilled individual to fill the role Manager, IT Audit.
The role holder will support the Deputy Director, IT Audit in designing, planning and implementing audit programs to independently assess, test and report on the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls related to IT systems within the Bank.
The ideal candidate will be an analytical thinker, team player, possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and uphold integrity.
- Participate in developing and implementing the annual audit plan, supervise special audits and deliver on assigned ad hoc projects.
- Manage and ensure execution of IT audits and advisory assignments on IT systems focusing on general IT controls and application controls, security reviews and others.
- Coordinate all deliverables (such as IT reports, working papers) for assigned engagements including technical review of the audit scope, approach, and audit tests.
- Prepare audit reports with findings/observations and recommendations for review by the audit management, facilitate discussions with management on the way forward and promote timely resolution of issues.
- Identify and document potential IT risks and recommend appropriate mitigating measures to minimise the impact on crystallizations of risks.
- Participate in major IT initiatives and projects as well as in reviews of security systems and internal controls under development.
- Implement continuous audit and monitoring programs using technology and other modern tools and maintain good relationships with process owners/clients throughout the audit cycle.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the team while building and maintaining a high performing culture through coaching and mentorship.
Key Qualifications and Competencies
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Accounting, Business, or related discipline from a reputable university.
- Professional qualification(s) and membership in any of the following: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM).
- At least seven (7) years’ relevant IT audit experience with at least three (3) years in a supervisory capacity in an established audit firm/accounting firm or financial institution of similar size and complexity.
- Good technical skills in understanding of core IT processes and systems with audit experience across various areas of IT, including cybersecurity, databases, operating systems and applications.
- Strong IT skills that include experience in Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs) and banking information systems.
- Knowledge of Internal Audit Methodology such as International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) and Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) 2013.
Click here to read more
If your experience matches this exciting opportunity please submit your application to email@example.com before Friday, 30 September 2022. Only applications submitted through the stated email address will be considered.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.*