Team Leader – LFA for the Global Fund
Team Leader – LFA for the Global Fund
KPMG is a leading provider of professional services including Audit, Tax and Advisory. KPMG’s International Development Advisory Services (IDAS), based in Nairobi, Kenya adopts a pan-African approach to development work and coordinates projects throughout Africa to ensure consistency of delivery, results and development impact. Our diverse team includes people of various professional backgrounds and nationalities, and this mix is fundamental to our success.Typically, we assemble teams of professionals that comprise specialised development expertise combined with core KPMG staff.
KPMG provides Local Fund Agent (LFA) services for the Global Fund in a number of counties including in Africa. The LFAs serve as the “eyes and ears” of the Global Fund, providing monitoring and verification services of supported programmes.
We are looking for a suitable candidate for a Team Leader position in one of our portfolios. In addition to the Team Leader responsibilities, the successful candidate will also support project management and business development in our health portfolio across the continent.The role will require occasional travel across Africa.
Roles and Responsibilities
i. LFA team management
- Supervise and closely monitor the work of LFA teams, ensuring the allocation of tasks within the teams and the involvement of the appropriate expertise.
- Provide timely and constructive analytical feedback and guidance to the LFA teams.
- Ensure teamwork, including inputs of all technical experts, is of high quality and completed within the timeframe, and as per guidelines set by the client.
- Lead and guide, troubleshoot and advise the team on remedial actions to be taken.
- Proactively monitor grant implementation and/or performance by recipients and implementers through regular contact, including with other stakeholders, and provide regular updates to the client.
- Provide the client with relevant information on issues or concerns/ risks which may affect grant performance.
- Attend meetings and other ad hoc events related to grant implementation, and in line with the scope of work agreed with the client, and keep the client informed on relevant matters.
- Facilitate visits by client staff and travel as necessary for joint monitoring visits.
iii. Quality assurance
- Support the Engagement Partner in the quality review of deliverables and take responsibility for financial/M&E/other LFA assignments, conducted by the LFA teams.
- Ensure that relevant client guidelines and policies are adhered to.
- Oversee delivery of high quality LFA products in a timely manner to the client
Qualifications and experience
- Masters degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Public Health, Social Sciences or related field.
- Finance or accounting qualification – e.g. Institute of Certified Management Accountants (ICMA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Management Accountant (CMA), Chartered Accountant Certification, Chartered Financial Analyst etc.
- A minimum of 12 years of relevant experience working in a program and finance monitoring role, with proven experience in the design, management, monitoring and evaluation of public health programmes especially in HIV/ AIDS, TB and/or Malaria.
- At least 10 years’ experience working with donors and international development agencies including in Africa. Experience with Global Fund and other major development programs in different countries is an added advantage.
- Experience in managing complex multiple projects effectively and efficiently to meet timelines and in achieving program success.
- Experience in operating in a fast paced environment, and ability to adapt own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy and tact to effectively communicate with senior-level officials, multiple stakeholders and professionals from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds.
- Well-developed presentation, proposal and report writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in provision of advisory services is an added advantage.
- An exciting opportunity to work with a Big 4 firm on cutting edge development programmes across Africa.
- Continuous learning and development.
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary client service teams.
- Unrivalled space to grow and be innovative.
If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please use the link below to apply.
LFA Team Leader–Candidates Summary Link. Shortlisting will be on a rolling basis.
*Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*Please indicate the title of position you are applying for in the subject of the email and in the cover letter.