Senior Manager, Strategy Services
Senior Manager, Strategy Services
Deal Advisory is a function within the advisory services where we apply deep technical knowledge and industry experience to a broad mix of complex and challenging transaction and business issues. We work with a range of clients including private companies, the public sector, private equity houses, leading financial institutions and individuals and enhance value in six broad ways: buying, selling, partnership, fixing, funding, and growing. We are therefore looking to recruit a Strategy Team Lead.
- Team lead on consulting projects including supporting clients to design, develop and deliver innovative and pragmatic strategy solutions to address business challenges and foster growth.
- Manage multiple day to day roles that include project delivery, client relationship management, team building, and business development.
- Support and guide the planning, budgeting, quality management and resource management of consulting (client) and internal (within KPMG) projects.
- Stay abreast on current business and economic developments relevant to the client’s business; and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided.
- Continuously review project’s performance against preset objectives and milestones to ensure quality control throughout its life cycle while identifying and addressing key challenges/lessons learnt.
- Ensure effective operation of projects by managing and facilitating flow of essential information and feedback among project stakeholders; regularly and effectively communicate project expectations and updates.
- Provide technical guidance on client assignments including preparation of reports and ensure projects are delivered according to client specification and within set timelines.
- Demonstrate teamwork and responsibility with the engagement team members.
- Facilitate project contracting with associates and coordinate tasks undertaken by sub-consultants.
- Ensure quality and internal risk management guidelines are observed during setup, execution, and closeout of projects.
- Work with colleagues in East Africa on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate.
- Demonstrate project management, business, and commercial acumen, drive for execution, people management and development skills.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), particularly ability to articulate concepts and recommendations in written form - reports, analytical analysis etc.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the East Africa where the project dictates.
- Strong ability to manage large project consulting teams.
- Demonstrated experience in development and implementation of practical solutions to complex strategic challenges.
- Demonstrated track record in relationship management and business development.
- Bachelor’s degree from any reputable University and preferably in a business-related field.
- Master’s degree or professional in business or strategic management would be an added advantage.
- CPA, ACCA or CFA or any other relevant professional qualification.
- At least 9 years work experience within a busy environment in a reputable organization.
- Demonstrated experience in strategy development either as a consultant or internal strategy team.
- An in-depth understanding of management functions (i.e., people, systems, and operations etc.)
- A fantastic opportunity to work on exciting corporate deals across East Africa.
- Exciting unparalleled exposure to advisory skills, competencies, and tools.
- Continuous learning and development.
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary client service teams.
- Competitive remuneration alongside a range of other benefits provided to KPMG employees.
- Opportunity for travel.
- Unrivalled space to grow and be innovative.
- Opportunity to go on global secondment.
If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please use the link below to apply.
Deal Advisory - Senior Manager, Strategy Services. Filling the link is mandatory for consideration alongside your email application to email@example.com quoting “Deal Advisory – Senior Manager Strategy Services”.
*Selections will be made on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.*