The Candidate has the opportunity to be one of the initial hires into our newly established Deal Analytics group. As such, the Candidate will have strong career progression opportunities and the chance to make a lasting impact on the strategic direction of our Deal Analytics initiative.
Specific role includes:
- As part of our Deal Advisory team, support our M&A team to service clients in execution of complex and high-profile M&A transactions, in a diverse range of industries such as technology, retail, manufacturing, and private equity.
- Work directly alongside experienced Deal Advisory professionals including finance, business strategy, accounting and investment banking experts.
- Embed in project teams spanning the full range of Deal Advisory services offered by KPMG FAS such as financial, operational and business due diligence, and support data analysis strategy and delivery of insights and visualizations which will directly impact client decision-making and deal value.
- The Candidate’s primary role initially will be:
- Working with our M&A teams to understand the required analysis parameters.
- Supporting data extraction from clients and M&A target systems, including directly communicating with M&A target companies’ back office teams regarding data contents and format.
- Supporting data preparation, cleansing, building preliminary analytical model and visualization development under the guidance of experienced M&A professionals and data analysts.
- Gathering and scraping of external data such as geospatial data, prices, demographics, SNS, market data, and support establishment of integrated data storage for analysis.
- We expect that as Candidates develop their fluency in purposed data analytics for M&A related services, Candidates will take on increasing responsibility for underlying data analysis and visualization. We hope that Candidates will have a strong desire to grow their capabilities and we envision providing candidates with flexibility regarding future career path as their capabilities grow.
The successful candidate should have:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in quantitative disciplines including but not limited to Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science etc.
- 1+ years’ experience relating to Data & Analytics:
・Experience in any of Tableau, QlikView/Sense, PowerBI, Alteryx, Python, R, or SQL
・Solid understanding in BI/data warehouse concepts
・Examples of relevant experience include 1) Data analysis at strategy / management consulting firm, 2) Experience of building data-driven business strategy or marketing strategy, 3) Experience as a quantitative analyst at financial institutions, 4) Any other experiences of data analysis such as market analysis, business analysis, and economic analysis.
- Passion about data and analytics and finding patterns and insights in data
- Strong learning mindset and interest to expand capabilities
- Ability to work well as a team in a dynamic environment
Native level fluency in Japanese; English preferred but not essential
We appreciate your interest in KPMG FAS.
Please contact us by E-mail: email@example.com