Organizations are experiencing significant disruption caused by innovation, new technologies and evolving customer needs, as well as changing regulations and pressure on capital deployment. As a result, companies are searching for ways to keep up with the changes and drive profitability.
In addition to organic options, CEOs are considering inorganic options, and deal triggers are manifold:
- ‘I want to accelerate growth in our current markets’
- ‘I want to enter a new market’
- ‘I want to gain new assets/capabilities’
- ‘I need to dispose non-core assets’
- ‘I want to refinance/raise new capital’
KPMG firms advise clients on strategic investment decisions in a range of transaction settings including:
- M&A (buy-side, sell-side)
KPMG firms work with clients to address the following important questions:
- Will M&A options accelerate my intended strategy?
- Who should I buy, divest or partner with to deliver my strategy?
- Does this represent an attractive acquisition deal/target?
- What are the likely integration/separation issues?
- What are the value creation opportunities and how do I deliver them?