Most companies are targeting aggressive growth strategies in response to structural shifts caused by new technologies, changing regulations, evolving customer needs and sector convergence. However, delivering growth is extremely challenging - with the majority of organizations unable to achieve and/or sustain their growth ambitions. Our experience suggests that this is the result of:
- unrealistic growth objectives
- leadership team misalignment
- an inability to evolve and innovate in response to changing market and customer requirements
- a failure to consider the organization's implementation capabilities, track record and bandwidth to execute
- an inability to convince internal and external stakeholders on the validity and achievability of the growth strategy
Our proposition to our clients is simple yet credible: We work collaboratively with them to shape their future by addressing their most complex and critical growth issues such as the following.
- How do I drive step-change growth?
- How do I access new and unmet revenue and profit pools?
- How do I profitably enter new markets and segments in a short timeframe?
- How do I develop and commercialize innovative products in order to grow?
- How do I drive top-quartile performance?
We work to identify, design and implement a prioritized set of growth platforms that will enable clients to achieve their growth ambitions, as detailed below.
Finding growth opportunities in Europe’s insurance markets
In a quest for greater diversification, a leading European insurer in thelife and pensions business asked KPMG’s Global Strategy Group to evaluateand recommend market growth opportunities in selected non-life insurancemarkets. Enabling the company to invest strategically and achieve itsexpansion goals.
Charting organic growth in China for a multinational company
A multinational player in the industrial sector was having growth challenges in its Chinese operations. KPMG’s firms helped the client to uncover the issues and map a strategy to restore growth and profitability.