Family business blog
Family business blog
We hope that by sharing our experiences and other peoples’ stories, we can help family businesses prosper, and reach their full potential. It’s no secret that family owned and managed businesses are vital to every nation’s economy.
Join and contribute to KPMG’s Family Business community of business owners and entrepreneurs, and our discussion of the issues that are relevant to you.
Succession and next generation
- The 4 Step Succession Plan
- Getting children into a Family Business
- ‘Digital natives’ set to lead new era in family businesses
- The 3 keys to a good family business succession plan
- The time is ripe for family business succession
- Insights on Succession in the Family Business
- Japanese family businesses live long and prosper
- The Succession Taboo
- Passion for Family Business by Leonard Forestier [Video]
- What’s your Family Business Performance Score?
- How to be Positively Wealthy
- Board of Directors and Family Council
- Are Family Businesses Willing to Offer Equity to Investors?
- UK Family Businesses Reluctant to Give Up Equity
- Keeping an Eye on Possible Conflicts of Interest
- Building a Strong Board
- Myth: Family businesses do not need external expertise
- The Three Enablers: Clarity, Culture, Communication
- Trend towards formal board of directors in family businesses globally
- How to generate emotional attachment to a business
- The benefits of governance
- Effective governance is critically important to success of Family-Owned Business
- Exploring the Personality Balancing Act within Family Businesses
- Academic Insight: Personal Relationships and Family Businesses: Soft and Fuzzy or Just Better at Handling Paradoxes?
- The 3 defining traits of Blue Ocean leaders
- The Argument for Losing Outside Investors
- Strategy and planning is critical for growth of family businesses
- Clear Minds make Clever Decisions
- Academic Insight: Values Affinity and Beyond (part 2): Managing the Partnership between HNWI and Family Business
- Achieving Innovation in Your Family Business by Inspiring Your People
- Long-Term Horizons, Current Income and Diversification Drive Investment Decisions
- Are You Safeguarding Your Business’s Reputation?
- Entrepreneurship in family businesses through collaboration
- Is Family Business long termism having ‘a moment’?
- Family businesses stay close to family
- WCD - KPMG Report : "Financing family business growth: Bringing family businesses and investors together"
- Long-term horizons, current income and diversification drive investment decisions
- Creating opportunities for family business-HNWI partnerships
- Spanish family firms very interested in working with HNWIs
- How do Russian HNWIs feel about investing in family business?
- Many HNWIs in China don’t limit themselves to just one family business investment
- Values Affinity and Beyond: Attracting HNWI to Invest in Your Family Business
- International knowledge and strategic expertise key attractions of HNWIs
- Middle Eastern family businesses hungry for investment
- Academic Insight: The Investment Profile of HNWI: Angels or Wolves in Sheep Skins?
- The European Family Business Barometer: Determined to succeeed (fourth edition)
- Financing alternatives to bank loans and micro loans
- Financing alternatives for your family business
- Analysing the True Financial Needs of Family Businesses
- Tips for Outside Investors in Family Businesses
- The European Family Business Barometer: A more confident outlook
- Why family businesses struggle with bank loans
- Financing the Modern Family Business
- Risks in business: Internal and external pressures
- Do You Want to Leave the Family Business?
- Exit Strategies for Family Business
- Talk things over before selling the family business
- Why You Should Sell Your Business to an Employee
- Why You Shouldn’t Sell Your Business to an Employee
- Family Business Exit Strategies by KPMG
- Longevity is in the Family – Not the Business
© 2021 Copyright owned by one or more of the KPMG International entities. KPMG International entities provide no services to clients. All rights reserved.
KPMG refers to the global organization or to one or more of the member firms of KPMG International Limited (“KPMG International”), each of which is a separate legal entity. KPMG International Limited is a private English company limited by guarantee and does not provide services to clients. For more detail about our structure please visit https://home.kpmg/governance.
Member firms of the KPMG network of independent firms are affiliated with KPMG International. KPMG International provides no client services. No member firm has any authority to obligate or bind KPMG International or any other member firm vis-à-vis third parties, nor does KPMG International have any such authority to obligate or bind any member firm.