- Omar has over 15 years' experience in the IT industry and over a decade’s worth of experience in leading and developing teams across a wide range of IT disciplines. Assuming his position in January 2018, Omar is tasked with ensuring the consistent and stable delivery of IT services and technology innovation across KPMG Jamaica Extension Support Services (K-JESS) and the KPMG Jamaica professional services firm. His capabilities include highly applicable skills in IT Governance, IT Service Delivery and Management, Product Development, Business Process Engineering and Software Engineering.
Professional and industry experience
- Omar’s experience has seen him lead a number of transformational and efficiency initiatives over the years whilst working with the Caribbean’s leading telecommunications provider. Some highlights include:
- technical lead in the rationalization of IT systems across 26 countries spanning the Caribbean, Central America and Pacific. This undertaking was pivotal in supporting the global reorganization of Finance services to an outsourced shared services target operating model
- established strategic vendor partnerships, laying the foundation for the consolidation of 40+ data centers globally through hardware consolidation, virtualization, automation and process orchestration
- lead the consolidation and renegotiation of global contracts across Top 25 IT vendors resulting in cost efficiencies upwards of 20%
- developed and implemented KPIs across a number of IT disciplines for greater visibility and efficiency in the management and delivery of IT services
- led developer and roll-out a fully customized Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System across the Caribbean and Central America. This was a key tactical initiative that formed part of a larger Know-Your-Customer (KYC)/Account Management strategy which led to greater efficiency in the sales process through automation, reductions in call handling time, increased first call resolution, increased quality and consistency in customer engagements