The IT Systems Administrator acts as technical lead in the designing, planning, deploying, operating and support of the IT infrastructure environment across the firm.
KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We have 189,000 outstanding professionals working together to deliver value in 152 countries worldwide.
KPMG in Jamaica is a premier professional services firm with a diverse client base, providing a broad range of Audit, Tax, Advisory and out-sourcing services.
The IT Systems Administrator acts as technical lead in the designing, planning, deploying, operating and support of the IT infrastructure environment across the firm particularly as it relates to networks (LAN/WAN/VPN), data centres, servers, storage, systems configuration management, databases, enterprise Wifi, PBX/Telephony, Active Directory Services.
This position is also operationally responsible for back-up and recovery, cloud deployment and disaster recovery, ensuring the highest levels of availability, integrity, and security for all IT infrastructure and environments. Additionally, the incumbent works closely with Security, Administrative and Risk Management teams to ensure adherence to established Global Standards and Enterprise Risk management.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in the design, implementation and management of IT infrastructure architecture across all data centres, Cloud, branch offices and Globally connected systems in accordance with KPMG Global Standards.
- Assist in the design, implementation and management of IT infrastructure for Physical & Environment Security controls. This includes Video Surveillance, Access Control and Intrusion Detection systems.
- Capacity Management. Monitor infrastructure resource utilization, tuning and documenting projections of future capacity requirements to ensure efficient system performance.
- Execution of Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery procedures to safeguard against external and environmental threats.
- Maintains and monitors all infrastructure-related licenses ensuring compliance.
Assists in the definition, implementation and management of on-premise, cloud and hosted deployment strategies which provide for most effective operations for the firm.
- Establishes and manages effective relationships with suppliers, contractors/consultants and managed service providers to manage performance and maximize on partnerships and investments.
- Provides technical and functional guidance, training, assistance and troubleshooting support to team members.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- BS Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or a related discipline
- 5 years’ experience in IT
- Microsoft MCSE/MCSA Certifications in Windows Server and Core Infrastructure an asset
- Cisco CCNA or CompTIA Network+ certification an asset.
- CompTIA A+ certification an asset
- ITIL certification an asset
- Experience directly related to Windows Systems (Windows Server 2012/2016 and Windows 10) support with increasing responsibilities administering client/server applications
- Proficiency in Enterprise level administration of common network services such as GPO’s, DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP, AD, Azure AD and troubleshooting as well as Microsoft Office 365 Suite
- Strong networking skills including understanding of TCP/IP routing and ports and the ability to understand and articulate firewall rulesets is a plus
- Experience in data centre management and data governance
- Basic T-SQL query writing skills and DBA skills
- Scripting skills (i.e. PowerShell, Python, bash, etc. with a preference to PowerShell)
- Experience in the following areas: SCCM, Patch Management, Anti-Virus, OS upgrades
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices
Special Working Conditions
- Be on 24-hour call to respond to emergencies and other issues outside of normal working hours to ensure systems availability and Data centre operations to support 24x7 mission-critical systems.
- Occasionally work long hours to meet project implementation deadlines.
- Staying current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends options when appropriate
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams
- Strong leadership attributes
- Must be organized and methodical, with strong attention to detail and ability to analyse and interpret information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to clearly communicate issues and solutions to all levels, on both a formal and informal basis.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional maturity; demonstrated ability to effectively interact and build relationships with a diverse group of clients and colleagues.
- Based on the occasional physical nature of the role the candidate may be required to lift and carry heavy equipment
- Highly motivated, committed self-starter who can prioritize work, multi-task and cope with changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment with excellent analytical, problem-solving and report writing skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work efficiently and effectively on multiple engagements concurrently