Payroll is a very significant function for any organisation - after all, it determines the take home pay of your employees. Due to its sheer sensitivity, it is a service with no room for error. As a result, effective payroll services require specialisation and a clear understanding of the applicable laws.
Recent trends indicate that increasing number of companies in the Indian market are outsourcing their payroll function.
Key service offerings:
KPMG in India offers the following services with regard to the payroll functions:
- Assistance with the payroll process for the company and its employees
- Advise on the monthly amount to be deposited by the company in respect of its employees under the applicable laws
- Assistance in preparing returns for Tax Deduction at Source (TDS returns) and the TDS certificates to be issued to employees
- Provide payroll reports required by the company and its employees
- Assistance in reviewing employment contracts from tax and regulatory perspective
- Provide relevant information to various authorities in case of scrutiny/ inspection of payroll records
- Discuss tax positions on specific compensation items which may merit attention due to their ambiguous nature
- Offer personal employee support services that enable resolving employee queries.