Context and challenges faced
- KPMG in India engaged with the client-to plan conversion from traditional SAP ECC 6.0 to SAP S/4 HANA 1709 and SuccessFactors Implementation as a strategic move towards their digital enterprise vision
- Complex landscape with more than 50 servers, 20 different SAP/non-SAP-integrated satellite applications and involvement of multiple partners managing different applications
- Less than optimal organisation structures, fragmented employee data, traditional PMS, non-systemic goals management and the need for compensation restructuring
- Dealing with migration of humongous master data (four million customers in SAP) in consideration with hardware capacity
- A dynamic business environment imposed the requirement for minimal down-time of the SAP landscape
- Functional gaps in SAP preventing better monitoring of KPI framework, compliance with accounting principles and improved efficiency in certain business areas.
- Implementation of new asset accounting procedures to post asset valuations for different applicable accounting principles
- SAP SuccessFactors modules, including employee profile, employee central, performance/goal management, recruitment management, onboarding, compensation management, career development, succession planning, Learning Management System and reporting
- Technical and functional migration from SAP ECC to S/4 HANA 1709 along with additional business-improvement areas for the core ERP, and a transformative SuccessFactors implementation
- Our solution comprised a dual maintenance landscape and helped reduce business disruption
- Leveraged new SAP S/4 HANA features to improve efficiency and transparency across business functions
- Activation of analytical FIORI apps to enhance real-time reporting framework and DMS for easy document retrieval
- Implementation of new S/4 functionalities e.g. Auto BRS for automatic bank reconciliation, Revenue Accounting and Recognition (RAR) to map business need for POD-based/deferred revenue recognition to comply requirements as per applicable accounting standards (Ind AS/IFRS).
KPMG in India’s insights
- Brought in sustainable ‘business-relevant leading practices’ in the organisation
- Mobility to perform business approvals with higher control and flexibility in terms of connectivity. Effective and predictive decision support system.
- New functionality
- Product costing, COPA
- FIORI apps