Cyber risk insights
Data breaches and the resultant costs have increased exponentially over the last few years. The cybersecurity landscape is dramatically evolving. Data breaches have an impact on both reputation and financial performance.
- Digital recon: Identify digital assets which are owned by your brand on the internet and understand the digital footprint from an asset, application, profiles and software perspective
- Domain intelligence: Provide contextual threat intelligence to the brand regarding risks beyond the organisation’s perimeters. Curate content regarding your brand and provide actionable intelligence
- Data leakage: Analyse presence of sensitive documents and intellectual property such as code, email and credentials on the internet and alternative channels
- Dark web exposure: Detect and monitor mentions on dark web. Analyse mentions to identify emerging cyber security threats or compromise of sensitive personal information.
Social media risk insights
The volume and velocity of data available on digital media is on an exponential growth curve. Everyone who’s anyone is connected digitally – brands, their customers and their competitors – all have their fair share of voice. Businesses have realised the impact that digital media holds in their operation, and are faced with increased pressure to have a more systematic approach to listening and dealing with digital signals
Here’s how an organisation’s reputation can be protected online with the KPMG Digital Signals Insights Platform:
- Social media command centre: With a vast coverage of data sources across popular social media channels, press media, blogs and forums combined with advanced AI and NLP technology, KPMG’s Digital Signals Insights Platform performs advanced analytics on the data available on digital media, highlights and reports the risks to organisation in the form of insights, performs audits on the brand’s social media presence, which allows for a transformation of the organisation’s social media strategy
- Brand protection: With social media steadily emerging as a channel for building or destroying a brand’s image, reputational risk is becoming a top level topic of interest. KPMG’s Digital Signals Insights Platform can detect instances of brand infringement including fake affiliation claims, social imposters and unverified social media handles. Build brand reputation by proactively identifying brand abuse, impersonation, rogue influencers and threats from employees. Protect your brand and combat issues before they cause any damage
Enterprises are expanding their business operations and establishing partnerships across borders. Their supplier network today is not only diverse but is spread across multiple geographies. These networks are dynamic, complex and highly integrated across the digital value chain. Working with third/fourth parties and their digital assets brings significant opportunity and scale, but also exposes the enterprise to substantial cyber, operational, financial, compliance and reputational risks. And given the highly connected ecosystem, these threats and their impact get amplified exponentially and mandates continuous monitoring and safeguards.
KPMG’s Digital Signals Insights Platform helps organisations to proactively manage threats emanating from their own as well as their supplier’s/affiliate’s digital assets covering -
- Geo-specific market intelligence: Changes in the business environment, economic signals, political unrest and social disturbances are variables that have a direct impact on business operations. Equipped with a country risk profiling, the platform identifies location-specific risks, evaluates suppliers and grades
- Cyber surveillance: Threats can occur along the digital supply chain, including malicious domains, domain and application squatting, phishing links and compromised accounts, dark web mentions and IP leaks. KPMG’s Digital Signals Insights Platform has the ability to identify and capture threats, report them, as well as support takedowns across all phases of the sourcing lifecycle
- Ability to anticipate supplier disruption: Continuous monitoring of supplier network on regulatory and compliance requirements is sacrosanct. The platform lets you automate due diligence following a structured approach, which involves the facilitation of credit checks, watch-list screening, beneficial ownership checks, sanctions and regulatory checks
- Risk quantification and industry contextualisation: Different industries are exposed to different and diverse set of digital threats. The platform has an in-built industry context that identifies threats relevant to a given industry and the analytics engine quantifies these risks and their implications
- Case management: Thorough on-boarding of all third and fourth party vendors. The platform provides a bird’s eye view of all the vendors along with their associated risk category.