Project: SAP Business Planning and Consolidation [BPC] implementation for Office of CFO automation
Context and challenges faced
- The company had an existing ERP; implemented planning on Hyperion Essbase and financial consolidation on Hyperion Financial Management. Significant manual effort, however, was spent on planning, consolidation and compilation of MIS reports
- The company used to put in a significant amount of effort on data collation and aggregation during planning, financial consolidation and compilation of MIS reports
- The company was not able to get granular analysis such as segment-wise, product-wise and variant-wise profitability
- No sensitivity and ‘what-if’ analysis available in the deployed version of the Hyperion system
- There was no version consistency and workflow for approval maintained in the Hyperion system.
- Integrated planning and financial consolidation
- Effective driver-based planning
- Structured MIS reporting
- Improved cycle time for financial consolidation and reporting
- Business critical ‘what-if' analysis on SAP BPC (Microsoft Version) 10.0.
- Assessment of the present issues and challenges specifically in the planning and compilation of MIS reports as per the required granularity
- Assessment of the Oracle Financials ERP with the objective of alignment of the planning drivers in the planning solution
- Refinements of the planning templates across planning areas
- Implementation of planning on SAP BPC (Microsoft Version) 10.0 across various planning areas, such as capex planning, HR planning, sales planning, operating expenses planning, raw material planning and finance planning
- Implementation of consolidation on SAP BPC (Microsoft Version) 10.0
- Implementation of MIS reports and SMC reports on SAP BPC (Microsoft Version) 10.0
- Integration of data from Oracle Financials with SAP BPC (Microsoft Version) 10.0.
KPMG in India’s insights
- Planned financial reports (P&L, BS and cash flow) for the client
- Planned financial reports (P&L) for SMC at segment level i.e automobiles, spare parts, two-wheelers
- Marginal profitability at model\variant level
- Product profitability at model\variant level
- Region-wise profitability at model\variant level
- Report to analyse and compare opex cost at cost-centre, region, department and vertical levels.