Implementing or upgrading SAP is an investment and effort that begins with strategic planning and extends into implementation and beyond. To achieve the desired return on investment (RoI), organisations should seek to implement an ERP solution such as SAP that helps integrate and streamline business processes and technology. This could help companies realise potential process and control efficiencies, cost reductions and effective compliance management. Therefore, to unlock business value and improve performance, organisations need to align SAP functionality with business goals – aspects of which we have been covering in our advisory and implementation assignments on the SAP platform over the past decade and half for clients across the world.
What we do in SAP
- ERP strategy and roadmap
- ERP product and vendor evaluation
- Transaction system optimisation review
- Strategic Sourcing – IT delivery and strategy and assessment
- Finance transformation on SAP – design and blueprinting
- Migration strategy to S/4 HANA
- Pre/post acquisition/merger and integration service
- Design and implementation of authorisation and segregation of duties.
- S/4HANA implementation
- S/4HANA conversion
- New general ledger (GL) migration
- Programme management office
- Business process design
- Blue-printing design and review for SAP stack solutions
- SOLMAN and SAP infrastructure alignment for on-premise and cloud solutions
- Governance, risk and compliance (GRC) - design and implementation
- Re-engineering for existing SAP implementations
- Application Management Support Services (AMS) for SAP ECC and S/4 HANA
- Configuration review (pre/post implementation)
- SAP business planning and consolidation, and other financial supply chain solutions such as treasury, cash management and bank communication management.
Data and cloud solutions
- Big data/data strategy and implementation
- Master data management and governance
- Data cleansing and standardisation
- Data migration
- SAP ARIBA implementation
- SAP Successfactors implementation
- SAP C/4HANA implementation
- SAP integrated business planning implementation.
- SAP Analytics Cloud implementation
- B/4HANA implementation
- KPI definition and configuration
- Real time financial solutions [RTFS] for reporting on S/4HANA
SAP innovation – digital extensions to meet the needs of B2C, B2B and B2E
- Mobility, chatbots using conversational AI – across a broad spectrum of technologies, linking back to multiple types of enterprise transaction systems such as SAP
- Process automation linked to SAP processes
- Portal implementation for vendors and customer interaction
From India to the world
We have worked on ERP related assignments in SAP and other platforms with clients across the world, in conjunction with our global member firms across Europe, Middle East, Africa and South East Asia and thus are able to incorporate localisation aspects into our delivery. Our member firms in more than 150 countries combine the deep understanding of business practices and client relationships built over many years into our technology offerings, thereby creating a unique value offering.
Potential benefits from KPMG in India’s offerings
Through the deployment of the above-mentioned services, KPMG in India's SAP team has brought about real-time value to its existing clients across industries such as manufacturing, engineering, realty, chemicals, financial services, telecom, pharmaceuticals, education and automobiles. We assist organisations to implement ERP systems that are aligned to business objectives with good processes and functioning on an improved controls framework delivering long-term value.
We aid clients to navigate through each stage of the SAP implementation and upgrade project, helping boost business value and RoI. We empower organisations to use their systems and application-related investments to:
- Improve capability to generate timely, accurate information from the ERP;
- Enhance business decision-making capability – using a KPI led implementation approach;
- Increase reliance on efficient and automated controls;
- Enhance regulatory compliance at a lower cost;
- Efficiently manage business risk;
- Experience a well-planned and managed implementation or upgrade;
- Enhance the value realised from the SAP solution.
Our objective and independent approach enables us to adopt a more robust methodology for the implementation of our methodology — an approach that can help enhance project benefits, reduce risks and thus deliver timely value to your organisation.
Why KPMG in India?
KPMG in India's SAP advisory services professionals combine deep domain, business, finance and accounting experience with technical and functional SAP knowledge. Our clients see us as business integrators, and not just as systems integrators.
- We speak the same business language - our perspective across multiple industries helps meet specific business and regulatory requirements
- We have done it before - understanding of business/financial controls that helps put IT controls in context
- We understand what organisations value - well-planned and managed implementation
- We understand risk - knowledge of regulations (privacy, security) that affect SAP requirements
- We are a qualified team of SAP-certified advisors
- We are a global network - access to resources from KPMG International's global network of member firms in more than 150 countries. These resources possess detailed knowledge of local markets, regulatory requirements and taxation. We also have a centre of excellence in Bengaluru to aid and support our implementation and support services.