KPMG in India's IT Service Management (ITSM) practice assists organisations by providing ITIL advisory and developing effective IT governance framework covering the ITIL life cycle. We also implement and review industry best practices on ITIL including gap assessment, process alignment, process review, SLA alignment, KPI benchmarking, process implementation and service improvement journey. IT Service Management implementations seek to address problematic IT areas around customer satisfaction, process optimisation and downtime among others, resulting in better business-IT alignment and several other tangible and intangible benefits.
Key areas where ITIL practice makes an impact
ITIL consulting includes thorough practice implementation, gap assessment, and process alignment.
- Best practice guidance applicable to all types of organisations who provide services to a business
- ITIL works by adapting to leading practices that unite all areas of IT service provision toward a single aim, delivering value to the business
- Enables to achieve compliance with standards such as ISO/IEC 20000:2018
- ITIL provides a practical and flexible basis to support organisations on their journey into the new world of digital transformation by aligning their human, digital and physical resources to compete within the modern complex landscape.
- Focuses on aligning IT with the business, reduces operating costs, improves service quality, and helps in delivering consistency in IT services.
ITIL practice offerings
- IT performance improvement using leading practices
- Consulting around IT services (e.g. Service Catalog Definition, Service Desk Improvement and Service Level Definition and Management)
- ITIL process alignment with ITSM tools such as ServiceNow, Remedy and others.
- ITSM projects assistance - deploying subject matter specialists for specific ITSM assignments
Potential benefits of ITIL consulting
- Strategise and plan
- Develop governance
- Drive change management
- ITIL process alignment
- Measure and improve