Managing digital risks: digital disruption and cybersecurity issues for Boards to consider
Mumbai - 22 May 2019, Delhi – 7 August 2019
KPMG’s Board Leadership Center (BLC) organised a roundtable on ‘Managing digital risks: digital disruption and cybersecurity issues for Boards to consider’ on 22 May 2019 in Mumbai and on 7 August 2019 in Delhi. The session witnessed participation from Independent Directors and Partners from KPMG in India.
Every organisation is undertaking digital transformation initiatives, and with this, cybersecurity is emerging as one of the top three risks for a majority of companies. The topics discussed at this roundtable included:
- Questions that board members should be asking the company management?
- How is the role of board members evolving in the dynamic regulatory environment (General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Personal Data Protection Bill, etc.)?
- How are board members getting due assurance that the management is paying sufficient attention to cybersecurity?
- How are companies addressing cybersecurity risks?
- How are companies integrating cybersecurity risk with the overall business strategy of the organisation?