Professional and industry experience
- Ashley is an Audit Partner with over 23 years’ audit and accounting experience. He joined KPMG Australia in 2006, having previously spent nine years working within Local Government in Western Australia, where he held a variety of finance and corporate service related roles. In 2010 Ashley relocated with KPMG to the United Kingdom.
- Ashley is currently the Partner in charge of KPMG Resource Centre Private Limited (‘KRC’) in India, one of two captive offshore Audit businesses supporting member firms globally. The business has over 1,700 employees supporting eight member firms across a full range of Audit and Accounting services.
- Prior to joining KRC in July 2018 he was an Audit Partner in London leading a portfolio of clients ranging from small private capital business to large multinational groups, including FTSE and AIM listed businesses. Ashley has extensive sector experience in energy and natural resources, retail and consumer goods, technology , and leisure. He has worked closely with fast-growing groups and PE-backed entities to raise funding, benchmark and enhance controls, implement robust accounting policies and perform IT reviews to enhance IT control environments.
- Ashley has extensive experience working with clients reporting under UK GAAP, IFRS and US GAAP and has supported clients through GAAP transitions, along with supporting clients preparing for exit and IPO processes.
- Outside of client delivery, Ashley has held various internal operational and people leadership positions where he has successfully implemented operational and HR strategies while leading fast growing audit departments within the UK National Markets audit division.
- He is an avid traveller who also enjoys playing sport and spending time with family and friends. Ashley is looking forward to learning Hindi while based in India.