Professional and industry experience
- Tapan is a seasoned professional with over 21 years of experience across a range of geographies and industries. His areas of expertise include Risk Consulting & Advisory, Process Improvement, Operational Risk Management, Business Continuity, Information Security and Internal Audit.
- Tapan currently serves as Partner, Legal & Risk Management, at KGS in India and KGS Hungary. His responsibilities include operational risk management, business continuity management, information security and legal matters for KGS in India and Hungary.
- Prior to joining KPMG in 2016, Tapan was the Head of HR at Barclays Shared Services. During his 11-year stint at Barclays in the UK and India, he was responsible for multiple leadership roles in Risk Management (including operational risk, SOX 404, information security and business continuity management) and HR.
- Before Barclays, Tapan worked with KPMG for four years (three years with KPMG in India and one with KPMG UK) providing risk advisory, SOX 404 and internal audit services to multiple clients in the manufacturing and mining industries.
- Tapan is a strong proponent of I&D. He has led various I&D initiatives and forums at his previous organizations and is currently the lead sponsor for the I&D agenda for KGS India.
- Tapan is a sports enthusiast and follows a good fitness regime. He plays badminton on the weekends and enjoys watching Marvel, DC and animation movies with his daughter.
- He is married to Amita and they have a daughter, Vanshika. He is based in Gurugram.