We want to recognize today’s leading tech innovators on a local and global scale
The second annual KPMG Private Enterprise Tech Innovator competition will recognize Israel’s leading tech innovators and future tech titans.
At KPMG Private Enterprise understand the impact that technology trailblazers like you are having on the world. Whether yours is a pure technology company or you’re tech-enabled, tech-led or tech-driven, we wanterprise we to hear from you.
We’re inviting you to compete with technology entrepreneurs across Israel — and in 21 other countries in most major regions of the world. You’ll pitch your innovations and present your growth ambitions to a panel of industry professionals.
Wherever you are in your business lifecycle — from early-stage growth to getting ready to accelerate your expansion — our aim is to help you achieve your ambition and take your business to the next level.
To get started, tell us about you, your business and your ambitions.
Compete on the global stage
The KPMG Private Enterprise Global Tech Innovator competition showcases entrepreneurs across industries who are innovating to become the tech leaders of tomorrow. Hear from the 2021 finalists here.
Finalists will receive
An unrivalled platform to profile your business:
- Exposure: pitch your innovations and present your growth ambitions. Winning companies will be featured in KPMG’s “Winners Report” and local media profiles. They will also receive global attention among key influencers at the final in November 2022
- Recognition: profile your business throughout the competition, leveraging KPMG channels and local media.
- Networking: connect with like-minded peers, key industry experts and influencers both locally and globally.
- Go global: Winners will automatically progress to the Global Tech Innovator final, to be hosted in Lisbon, Portugal in November.
What makes a winner?
Applicants are typically technology entrepreneurs who are successfully making the transition from the startup phase to the next stage in the growth of their businesses. They have developed innovative, proven technologies, established robust business models, demonstrated traction and have the potential to scale up globally.
To be eligible for the competition, you must:
- Be a registered company in Israel where the Israeli final is being held
- Have been actively operating for 5 years or less (in the current form)
- Generate revenue between US $1 million and $15 million; or have raised at least US $500,000 in equity
- Be either a pure technology or a tech-enabled, tech-driven or tech-led business
- Not be majority owned by a large corporate
- Conduct all pitches in English
- Be available to pitch at a KPMG Israel's semi-final event in the timeline outlined by the country of origin (if applicable)
- Available to pitch virtually at KPMG Israel's final event in the timeline outlined.
- If selected as a finalist, be available to pitch at the global final at Web Summit in Lisbon, Portugal in November 2022
What are we looking for?
Each pitching competition will be judged by a panel of industry experts. All applications will be scored based on six, equally-weighted criteria:
- Disruption and innovation
- Market potential
- Customer adoption
- Market traction and marketing
- Long-term potential
- Pitch quality
The decisions of the panel will be final.
Apply here >>
Q: How can I participate in the competition?
A: To enter the competition, you must fill out the online application form for your company before the application deadline of June 30th, 2022.
Q: Who can apply?
A: Any technology entrepreneur that has operated for less than 5 years and is registered and based in Israel can apply. Applicants must have innovative, proven technologies, robust business models, the ability to demonstrate traction in their activities and the potential to scale up. All entrants entering the competition on behalf of the company must be residents in Israel and aged 18 years or over. KPMG employees and contractors are prohibited from entering the competition.
Q: When can I apply?
A: Applications are open from May 15th 2022, and close on June 30th 2022. All applications must be received by June 30th 2022.
Q: Is there a limit to the number of entries?
A: During the application period, there is no limit to the number of companies that can apply, however we request that no more than one application per company is submitted.
Q: What information do I need to provide?
A: If you’d like to apply, here’s what we’ll need:
- Company details (name, address, company registration number, contact details)
- CEO, founder and management team details
- A brief description of the company, business model, any media coverage and proprietary technology (maximum of 200 words)
- Details on funding raised to date, 2021 revenue figures and projections for 2022
- A high-resolution image of your company logo
Q: How do I know if my company qualifies?
A: We aim to be as inclusive as possible; whether you’re a pure technology company or tech-enabled, tech-led, or tech-driven, we want to hear about your growth ambitions.
Q: What stage should my company be at to be considered?
A: We are looking for companies that have been operating for 5 years or less, and must have a viable product or service.
Q: What is the pitching format?
A: Each company will be given a total of approximately 10 minutes to both pitch and answer questions from a judging panel. All presentations must be in Microsoft PowerPoint or PDF file format. A detailed pack outlining requirements will be shared with shortlisted businesses when appropriate.
Q: What is the judging criteria?
A: Each pitching competition will be judged by a panel of industry and KPMG experts. All applications will be scored based on six, equally-weighted criteria. The criteria are disruption and innovation, market potential, customer adoption, market traction and marketing, long-term potential and pitch quality. The decisions of the panel will be final.
Q: What do winners get?
A: Israeli winners will receive exposure and recognition through KPMG corporate channels and other media channels. The Israeli winners will also be put forward as finalists in the Global Tech Innovator competition, which will take place in November 2022.
The finalists will be provided with standard class flights/travel, hotel accommodation to the final.
The prizes cannot be substituted for cash or any other alternatives.
Q: How and when will the winners be notified?
A: Israel winners will be notified on the day of the final. Winners will also be profiled in the KPMG “Winners Report”. The Global Tech Innovator winner will be announced on stage (in person and virtually) in November 2022.
Q: What are the costs involved in participation?
A: There is no charge for entering into the competition, although all costs related to attendance at the semi-final and country finals must be covered by the participants themselves, where they are being held in person. KPMG will cover the cost of standard class flights/travel, accommodation for the one member from the finalist companies who are invited to present in November.
Q: Is there any publicity involved?
A: KPMG Private Enterprise will be promoting the pitch heats alongside various partners throughout the course of the competition. By entering the competition, you agree that any personal information provided by you with your entry may be held and used by KPMG to administer the competition.
If you are a winner of the competition, you agree that KPMG may use your name, image and company branding to announce the winner of the competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional and marketing purposes.
Q: Will I receive feedback on my application?
A: Unsuccessful applicants will be notified. Due to the volume of entries received, we are unable to provide detailed feedback to each unsuccessful applicant.
We value the time and effort put into each submission and thank you for your participation.
Q: Who do I get in touch with for further information?
A: For any further information please email email@example.com
Application process and timeline
- May 15th — Applications open
- June 30th — Applications close
- Mid July — KPMG Israel final
- November 2022 — Global final
About KPMG Private Enterprise
You know KPMG, you might not know KPMG Private Enterprise. KPMG Private Enterprise advisers in KPMG firms around the world are dedicated to working with you and your business, no matter where you are in your growth journey — whether you’re looking to reach new heights, embrace technology, plan for an exit, or manage the transition of wealth or your business to the next generation. You gain access to KPMG’s global resources through a single point of contact — a trusted adviser to your company. It is a local touch with a global reach.
The KPMG Private Enterprise Global Network for Emerging Giants has extensive knowledge and experience working with the startup ecosystem. Whether you are looking to establish your operations, raise capital, expand abroad, or simply comply with regulatory requirements — we can help. From seed to speed, we’re here throughout your journey.
KPMG’s participation and contribution in this regard is not an endorsement, sponsorship or implied backing of any company’s products or services.