If you are considering doing a deal, you’ll know there are many vital questions to be answered including: Are we paying the right price? Can value be created through the transaction? What are the tax implications? Can the business be successfully integrated? What are the risks?
How KPMG can help
We help dealmakers buy and sell businesses and finance transactions in every sector. We know the importance of getting deals right and our objective is to help you preserve, create and enhance value.
Our services include:
- Pre-deal evaluation: Assessing the financial and commercial position of a potential target before an offer is made and before detailed due diligence is possible. We’ll help give you increased confidence in available financial and commercial information, allowing a more realistic valuation and indicative bid.
- Bid services: Assisting bidders and targets throughout the process of both hostile and friendly bids within public transactions.
- Financial due diligence: Assessing the risks and opportunities of a proposed transaction and helping reduce the risk of surprises afterwards.
- M&A tax: Leveraging the benefits of domestic and cross border mergers, acquisitions and other transactions with an emphasis on stakeholder value and early identification of key risks and benefits.
Strategic and commercial intelligence: Focusing on strategic, commercial and operational issues before and during a transaction.
- Vendor due diligence: Performing due diligence on a business for sale and answering the questions that would be reasonably asked by prospective purchasers.
- Vendor assistance: For those considering restructuring or spinning off operations. We can help with the bidder data process and identifying key vendor issues through pre-sale due diligence and making recommendations.
- Contract assistance: We can help with accounting and other areas within sale and purchase agreements including completion accounting, price adjustment mechanisms and the scope of warranties and indemnities.
- Stock exchange and regulatory reporting: Supporting companies considering listing on a stock exchange, raising additional equity or debt, undertaking or defending takeovers, or entering into schemes of arrangement. Services include preparing reports on historic and projected financial information and preparing reports for sponsoring investment banks.
- Integration advisory: Advising on M&A integration and separation projects for corporate and private equity clients.
We know how important it is to do the right deal. Contact us to find out about how we can support the achievement of your business objectives.