Independent deals advice
KPMG offers Ireland’s largest dedicated corporate finance practice with a team of over 70 professionals. Our combined expertise enables us to assist clients in dealing with a myriad of challenges and opportunities they face, no matter how complex.
Our team advises buyers, sellers, borrowers, lenders and financial investors across the spectrum of corporate finance services. We provide straight forward and independent advice ensuring you get the solution that best fits your objectives and optimises value for you. Our advice is independent of any product, market or bank and is supported by
- clear understanding of the issues and challenges faced by our clients;
- connectivity with financial markets;
- extensive sector knowledge;
- negotiation expertise; and
- global execution capability.
- Barchester Healthcare: Advisor to Barchester Healthcare on the sale of its Irish assets
- La Rousse Foods: Sell-side advisor to Arytza AG on its disposal of La Rousse Foods, an Irish company specialising in the supply of fine foods to premium food establishments on an all-island basis
- Bridge Energy: Advisor to Bridge Energy Services (NI) on the acquisition of a controlling stake in Bridge Energy (NI)
- Care (Ireland) Limited: Advisor on the disposal of Ashdale Care, a specialist residential care provider, to MML Growth Partners
- PlanNet 21: Financial advisor to PlanNet 21 on the acquisition of Agile Networks, an Irish provider of IT network integration services
- RiverRidge Recycling: Advisor to RiverRidge Recycling on the acquisition of Amber Merchants Ltd
- RHP Radiators: Advised on the merger of RHP Radiators with 2iM, a Welsh metal recycling company
- Cannon Kirk: Advisor to Cannon Kirk Group on the refinancing of their loans with NAMA by Oaktree Capital Management
- Shaw Academy: Advisor to Shaw Academy, a rapidly growing education technology business, in its procurement of a venture debt facility to support growth
- Hermitage Medical Clinic: Advisor to Hermitage Medical Clinic on financing
- RiverRidge Recycling: Advisor to RiverRidge Recycling on its equity fundraising from BGF private equity fund
- National Broadband Plan (NBP): Financial and procurement adviser to the Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment in the procurement of the State led intervention.
- Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII): Financial adviser to TII on a range of road and rail infrastructure projects.
- National Transport Authority (NTA): Adviser to NTA across a range of strategic public transport projects.
- Belfast Region City Deal: KPMG are advising Councils in Northern Ireland on the design and structuring of a Belfast Region City Deal, which is to secure additional investment in infrastructure, innovation and skills & employability aimed at improving Northern Ireland’s productivity.
- Public Private Partnerships: Financial adviser a range of PPP projects undertaken in Ireland over the last 20 years (including the first and second programmes of roads PPPs, the National Conference Centre, Schools Bundles and the recent Courts PPP).
- Glanbia: A number of intangible assets valuations / purchase price allocations have been carried out for Glanbia
- Leading deleveraging advisor in the Irish market (> €35bn par value across multiple transactions)
How we can help
- M&A advisory (acquisitions & disposals): We have a leading team focused on buy-side and sell- side of M&A advisory. Our track record demonstrates our ability to add value to clients in a broad range of transactions.
- Debt advisory and refinancing: We have unparalleled experience in negotiating some of the most complex debt restructuring deals in the Irish market. We can help companies seeking to raise new debt or right size their current debt facilities.
- Equity fundraising: We support companies seeking to raise equity for M&A or other transactions, such as the buyout of minority shareholders, or to release cash to founders. We can assist in formulating a tailored process that maximises the outcome for the shareholders and the company. By leveraging KPMG’s global network of over 2,000 corporate finance professionals and our strong relationships with investors, we ensure ensure that competitive tension is maximised.
- Valuations, Fairness Opinions and appraisals: Our valuations team offers technically sound, commercially focused, independent valuations for specific client needs. We recognise that a valuation is not a simple numbers exercise. We spend time working to understand your business dynamics, as well as industry and value drivers. We can draw on extensive experience to apply relevant valuation approaches and methodologies, using industry knowledge and market analysis. • Real estate advisory: We have broad-ranging experience of real estate deals and advise on some of the most complex real estate deals in the Irish market.
- Infrastructure and Projects: Infrastructure is one of the building blocks of both our society and our economy. However, the pace of change, the impact of technology and the need for sustainability, as well as cost control and the best funding options can pose real challenges for those responsible. Read more on our Infrastructure & Government page.
- Aviation finance: We have developed a strong team focused on the aviation finance industry and are the only professional services firm identified in the ‘AirFinance Power 30’ list. Combining the firm’s unrivalled knowledge of the aircraft leasing market, our financial analysis skills and our experience in procurement, we are positioned to provide a full suite of services to the aviation industry. Our team provides advice on fleet strategy options including: providing input and advice on commercial negotiations, carrying out aviation equity and enterprise valuations, M&A, providing aviation procurement support for capital purchases, negotiating financing terms for capital purchases and raising capital for aviation industry start-ups.
- Deleveraging: Our bank deleveraging team advises financial institutions and investors in developing and implementing strategies for managing their asset portfolios. The team combines transactional M&A experience with strategic advice to help clients make better decisions and maximise value. KPMG has built a strong expertise across asset classes, including commercial real estate, corporate and SME loans, residential mortgages and consumer debt. Our team can help you understand complex markets and deliver real value through the whole loan portfolio management process.
Get in touch
For guidance on any aspect of corporate finance transactions, please contact Michele Connolly, Head of Corporate Finance. We'd be delighted to hear from you.