In this issue, we feature the following articles:
- The regulatory agenda moves on: The agenda of the European institutions for 2020 and beyond illustrates that the regulatory and supervisory landscape is evolving rapidly.
- New EU agenda demands a new approach: Against a challenging economic and geo-political backdrop, the incoming Commission President has set out a full regulatory agenda.
- EU supervisory agenda grows: In addition to the Joint Committee’s 2020 work programme, each ESA has set out a full agenda of regulation, guidance and supervisory convergence.
- Cyber risk: threats and opportunities: The cyber-resilience of the insurance sector needs to be strengthened, but insurers are increasingly well-placed to seize new market opportunities.
- Resolution - disclosure and operational readiness: the FSB is taking steps to enhance the resolvability of globally systemically-important banks (GSIBs). We highlight the new disclosure requirements and implications for large banks.