Our Deal Advisory practice offers unrivalled opportunities to work on landmark deals. Whether it’s buying or selling a business or the challenge of financing of fixing a company our Deal Advisory team helps clients take on the opportunities and challenges that today’s business environment presents. There are three separate routes to graduate entry.
KPMG’s Corporate Finance practice is a leading advisor in the Irish market, advising on transactions of national and international significance.
Our team of professionals coming from a diverse background provide advice to leading entrepreneurs, businesses, and government bodies in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, disposals, management buy-outs, equity and debt fundraisings, real estate transactions, bank deleveraging and infrastructure financing. In the past year we have been proud to advise clients on many high profile deals including the sale of a minority interest in the Domino’s Pizza franchise in Ireland, the introduction of a new investor into Panda Waste, the roll-out of rural broadband, the raising of finance for new ventures in the tech arena and some of the largest loan sales in the Irish marketplace.
The experience we offer you
The work you do influences the decisions of major industry players and can often change the trajectory of a business into the future. The skills and training we provide will support you in becoming a key business advisor. Working in Corporate Finance offers you experience in the following areas:
- Financing businesses, including raising/renegotiating new debt and equity funding
- Advising on public and private infrastructure projects
- Advising clients on commercial strategies, business purchases, disposals and management buy-outs
- Valuing businesses for mergers and acquisitions, transactions and shareholder disputes
- Working to deleverage bank balance sheets
- KPMG’s Corporate Finance practice offers excellent development opportunities.
- Your individual training plan, combined with on-the-job interaction and exposure to leading professionals in the business community, will help fulfil your career aspirations
In Transaction Services we work with our clients to help them buy, sell and fund their businesses. Our clients cover the entire Irish corporate landscape, ranging from owner managed businesses to large multinationals and listed companies.
The combination of a dedicated team of professionals – the largest in Ireland – with peerless transactions experience, together with the global reach and recognition of the KPMG brand, means that we are continually involved in many of the most significant deals in Ireland and abroad.
We work on project driven engagements lasting from several weeks to several months, working extensively with significant corporates, domestic and international banks, other financial institutions, private equity and other investment funds offering team members the widest exposure to acquisition and financing related activity. We also provide strategic advice and commercial due diligence to clients across a broad variety of sectors. We have supported many recent landmark transactions including:
- Smurfit Kappa’s successful defence of theunsolicited approach by International Paper
- $1 billion disposal by Greencore of its US business
- Goshawk Aviation’s acquisition of SkyAviation Leasing International creating global top ten aircraft lessor with acombined $11.4 billion fleet
- Carlyle Cardinal Ireland’s €100 million sale of Payzone to AIB / First Data
- Total Produce’s $300 million investment in Dole Foods in 2018
- Numerous IPOs including IPL Plastics, Glenveagh Properties, ConvaTec Group, Cairn Homes and Dalata Hotel Group
- Origin Enterprises first Brazilian investments in Ferrari Zagatto E Cia and Fortgreen Commercial Agricola Ltda
- The disposal of €20 billion of non-performing loan portfolios on behalf of Irish banks since 2016
The experience we offer you
You will be a key driver in the delivery of services to our clients – be they the acquirer, the target or a client raising funds through debt, private equity or public markets. In the process you will learn how deals work and how to identify and manage the key issues that can impact on transaction value, deal execution or post deal integration planning.
In addition to developing strong technical and commercial skills, you will be given the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our business through origination and business development activities. Associates also undertake a rotation within our Audit practice which provides an invaluable grounding in practical accounting and an understanding of the financial operations of a business.
Restructuring & Forensic
The Restructuring & Forensic practice offers businesses in difficulty a clear way forward. We identify problems, provide analysis and facilitate in the development and implementation of business strategies.
Our team of professionals advise organisations, suppliers and borrowers to help identify, evaluate and implement opportunities to restore stability and confidence, unlock and create lasting value and improve operational and financial performance to the benefit of all stakeholders.
You will be working on projects such as:
- Advising companies in financial difficulty
- Formulating turnaround strategies
- Insolvency appointments
- Litigation support on contract disputes and claims
- The provision of investigation services, including fraud, financial misstatements and misconduct
The experience we offer you
Your role as part of our Restructuring & Forensic team will be challenging and rewarding in an ever-changing environment. You will be engaged in a wide range of assignments that will provide exposure to a number of industries.
Extensive training will complement your on-the-job experience as you work towards achieving your Chartered Accountants Ireland qualification.
Graduates gain exposure to financial analysis, company legislation, insolvency mechanisms and project management skills while learning to deal with a range of difficult and technical situations. The experience provides graduates with a broad commercial awareness and an understanding of the challenges facing businesses. By the time you qualify as a Chartered Accountant, you will have a strong foundation for a successful professional career after working within such a dynamic environment.