The Business Person of the Month Award in association with KPMG acknowledges excellence and the outstanding achievements among Irish business leaders, both at home and abroad, and executives leading major multinational companies in Ireland. The 2019 awards culminated in an Irish Times/KPMG ceremony in Dublin on May 8, 2019.
Stripe founders Patrick and John Collison won the 2019 Business Person of the Year Awards at a ceremony held at Dublin’s Mansion House. The Limerick-born brothers won the award for their success in building an online payments company that was recently valued at $22.5 billion.
Siobhán Talbot, CEO of Glanbia plc, was named the inaugural The Irish Times/KPMG Business Person of the Year for 2018 having successfully overseen a deal to spin off Glanbia’s Irish dairy and agribusiness operation into a joint venture, called Glanbia Ireland.
Business Person of the Year Nominees:
- May 2017: Siobhán Talbot, Glanbia Managing Director
- June 2017: Bernard Byrne, AIB Chief Executive
- July 2017: Michael Stanley, Cairn Homes chief executive
- August 2017: Dan and Linda Kiely, founders of Voxpro
- September 2017: Albert Manifold, CRH chief executive
- October 2017: Harry Hughes, Portwest chief executive
- November 2017: Deirdre Somers, CEO of the Irish Stock Exchange
- December 2017: Garry Moroney, CEO of Clavis Insight
- January 2018: Carl McCann, Total Produce chairman
- February 2018: Dr. Peter Fitzgerald, Randox Laboratories managing director
- March 2018: David and Sandra Whelan, Immersive VR Education founders
- April 2018: David Walsh, CEO of Netwatch Group
- May 2018: Eddie O'Connor, Mainstream Renewable Power chairman
- June 2018: Peter Jackson, CEO of Paddy Power Betfair
- July 2018: Tony Smurfit, Smurfit Kappa Chief Executive
- August 2018: Seamus Mulligan, Chairman and chief executive of Adapt Pharma
- September 2018: Fergal Leamy, CEO of Coillte
- October 2018: Dr. Elaine Sullivan, co-founder and chief executive of Carrick Therapeutics
- November 2018: Dr Nora Khaldi, Nuritas founder and chief science officer
- December 2018: Denis O'Sullivan, Managing Director, Gas Networks Ireland
- January 2019: Patrick and John Collison, founders of Stripe
- February 2019: Dómhnal Slattery, Chief Executive of Avolon
- March 2019: David McRedmond, Chief Executive of An Post
- April 2019: Roisin Hennerty, Managing Director of Ornua Foods
- May 2019: Donal Murphy, Chief Executive of DCC
- June 2019: Kevin Lagan, Managing Director, FastHouse
- July 2019: Ger Rabbette, Group CEO, Uniphar Group
- August 2019: Brian O'Sullivan, Chief Executive, Fulfil Nutrition
Learn more about the awards and categories winners here.