1968 to 2018
1968 to 2018
The Partners and staff at KPMG were deeply saddened by the death of our Partner, colleague and dear friend, Laura Gallagher, who passed away after a short illness on Wednesday, 14 March 2018.
Laura was born and educated in Dublin. She joined the firm in November 1989 and was appointed Director in 1998 and elected as a Partner in November 2001. Having spent many years as an auditor, Laura became more engaged in Mergers & Acquisitions activity from 2005 onwards, moving to Transaction Services in 2008, but retained an audit portfolio.
Laura’s career was very decorated and included:
- Lead Partner on the audit of PLCs and semi state organisations
- Reporting accountant on numerous capital markets transactions including IPOs
- Chairing key internal investment and people committees
- Serving on the firm’s policy committee, a position she held at the time of her death
- Personally advising Government Ministers, which involved delivering many high profile and politically fraught investigations and forensic assignments
Throughout her career Laura was known for her independent thinking, determination, sense of fair play and a compulsion to do the right thing above everything else.
Laura was a role model for and champion of other talented females on their journey to partnership and she also gave willingly of her time to support the firm in its work in mentoring school goers.
Laura neither sought the limelight nor did she shun responsibility. Her loyalty was fierce and unconditional.
It extended to her partners, her clients and her teams.
She loved the firm and embodied everything good that we stand for.
Laura will be greatly missed by all of us.