Strategy & Operations Advisory - Assistant Manager/Manager
Strategy & Operations Advisory AM/M
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 146 countries and territories, and had close to 227,000 people working in member firms around the world for year 2020. Our professionals help clients navigate an ever increasingly complex business environment.
KPMG’s Strategy and Operations Practice is one of the fastest growing practices in KPMG in Asia. We are dedicated to our clients’ journey in attaining world-class operations. KPMG’s Strategy and Operations Practice turns strategy into practical business and commercial outcomes for our clients.
We are expanding our Strategy and Operations (S&O) team in Indonesia, to help clients drive and implement its business through operational excellence. S&O combines functional experience; industry knowledge; and tax, regulatory, and program management skills in order to deliver successful transformation programs for our member firms’ public and private sector clients.
We work with clients to cut through complexity and develop actionable plans to mitigate business challenges, providing recommendations rooted in clients’ operating environment, and tailored to their needs to build sustained success for their businesses. We help clients achieve higher levels of effectiveness by:
- Maximizing value to customers, shareowners, employees, and communities.
- Achieving balanced excellence in all aspects of cash flow; Revenue, Operating Costs, and Investment.
- Developing an ability to "self-heal" by continuously improving structural problems both internal and external to the business.
- Putting organizational DNA in place to manage the business and rapidly make decisions, continuously adjusting business strategy and design to meet market conditions.
We are seeking talented individuals, who will be able to work at the highest professional standards, to join our team.
What you will do:
Successful candidates will help lead and deliver enterprise-wide operations strategy work that does not focus on any single function but seeks instead identify growth and productivity improvements across a client’s business as they build and execute client strategies.
Our consultants meet the needs of our global and local Indonesian clients and, whilst doing so, acquire a broad range of transferable skills. You will join a team with a vibrant mix of expertise, industry experience and consulting skills with bright individuals who have fun both inside and outside of work.
- Work as part of a team to address complex market, strategic, operational and organisational issues.
- Design and execute financial analyses (including high level modelling capability) to support development of strategic insights (including consideration of market development, organisational options and responses, capacity/ capability-building requirements etc.)
- Conceive and undertake primary and secondary research to help clients assess the impact of the above on their organisations.
- Develop business cases and business plans underpinned by robust financial analysis in support of strategic initiatives.
- Lead work-stream and analysis on engagements and take responsibility for small teams when required.
- Contribute to the delivery and presentation of client deliverables.
- Work collaboratively with client staff and management, often working in joint teams in the development of and delivery of recommendations.
- Be involved in business development activity, showing initiative in building relationships with clients during engagements and while at client site.
- Contribute to thought leadership and knowledge management to support practice development.
Skills and experience required:
- Excellent academic background in fields related to Business, Accounting, Economics, Finance or equivalent.
- Minimum 4-6 years of Strategy and/or Operational Management, Consulting experience, and/or other relevant experience gained either internally in similar roles providing strategic advice to clients or gained externally via corporate or strategy consultancy roles.
- Candidate should be able to demonstrate having worked across some of the areas outlined below. Because of the breadth of the S&O it is not envisaged that the areas listed are perquisites but an external or internal consulting role that has afforded experience in these areas will be highly regarded:
- Supply Chain - S&OP, Inventory, Network Design, Distribution, Logistics, Warehousing
- Procurement - Operating Model Design, Spend Analysis, Category Management, Sourcing, Contract Management, Supplier Relationship Management
- Cost Optimisation – Business Analytics
- Operations Excellence and/or Lean
- Organizational change and Transformation Support the development of points of view on business challenges, including publication and presentation of thought
- Confidence to balance business development and client delivery expectations (for Manager level)
- Goal driven - focused on helping the client to understand issues and resolve key questions; ability to drive through to an outcome and to gain stakeholder support in circumstances of complexity and ambiguity.
- Proficient in managing projects involving cross-border, multi-function and complex stakeholders.
- Intellectual mobility, inquisitiveness and an ability to work independently; be comfortable developing answers and solutions often when the client requirement remains unclear, or changes.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills combined with sound commercial acumen.
- A pragmatic and logical approach to analysis and problem solving.
- Personal drive to deliver results within tight deadlines.
- An ability to assess technical information to distil the key strategic insights and convey these succinctly, clearly and confidently orally and in written form.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Flexibility to adapt to a variety of different engagement types, working hours and work environments and locations.
- Exposure to one or more of our priority sectors desirable (including Energy & Natural Resources, Consumer Goods & Retail, and Industrial Markets).
Due to the amount of applications we received, regretfully only shortlisted candidates will be notified.