KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 147 countries and territories and have more than 219,000 people working in member firms around the world. Our professionals help clients navigate an ever increasingly complex business environment.
Our Deal Advisory professionals help buyers, sellers, private equity investors, governments, and lenders in developing and executing on their value strategies.
We offer start-to-finish support in the acquisition process, including input on strategy, early identification of risk areas, coordination and execution of due diligence investigations (financial and commercial) and input and advice on contract terms geared to reduce risks. We also get involved in assisting our clients with a host of services surrounding closing the transaction and post-deal integration. Our clients are typically private equity funds, pension funds, large public companies, and private corporations.
As Senior Manager/Director, Deal Strategy, Deal Advisory, located in our Indonesia Office, you are a motivated, self-starter with expertise in finance, strategy, research and business operations with a focus on commercial due diligence and post merger integration/separation in a deal environment.
What You Will Do
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams, you will apply your professional and technical skills on a wide variety of transactions and at different stages of the transaction process, in particular front end transaction cycle
- Work closely with the lead Indonesia Partner, as well as Partners and Directors in Indonesia and SEA, to grow the service line via supporting the internal firm network as well as go to market build
- Develop and support the growth of junior team members
- Work with pre-deal, deal and post-deal teams – including as a key contact point with the Partner for the full deal strategy ‘product’ - market entry, target scans, CDD, synergy assessment and post-merger integration/separation projects
- Apply standard Customer Due Diligence (CDD) techniques and methods in analysis, with an ability to provide strategic insights – beyond the research
- Lead teams to evaluate markets, assess market size, growth, segmentation and overall attractiveness, customer interviewing, and assess strengths and weaknesses of market participants.
- Work professionally with buyers/sellers of assets and clients
- Deliver deeper insights to our clients, using third-party data analytics tools.
- Participate in KPMG’s engagement teams with senior client executives, attorneys, and investors.
- Draft detailed professional reports and assist in preparing pitch documents e.g. proposals and presentations.
- Lead the team and execute market analysis, review on target projects and formulate deal rationale and strategy.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
At KPMG, we value diversity of profiles. The successful candidate will be recruited at Manager or Senior Manager level, depending on her/his overall experience and demonstrated performance.
For this role, we are looking for:
- 9-12 years of relevant experience in strategy, commercial due diligence, or consulting experience
- Post-Secondary education equivalent to a university degree in Business or numerate or analytical disciplines such as Mathematics, Economics, and Accounting preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel
- Financial and commercial awareness with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Deep expertise and ability to add sector insights into client deliverables and proposals.
- Experience in leading market and commercial, due diligence, market entry assistance projects
- Experience in the Indonesian market
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness and ability to travel as required
Keys to your success
- Highly motivated, committed, and flexible to cope with changing priorities and strict deadlines
- Able to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Curiosity, healthy skepticism, creativity, and attention to detail
- Able to build effective working relationships internally and externally
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
We invite you to submit your application by sending your resume to AdvisoryCareer@kpmg.co.id or click here.
Due to the amount of applications we received, regretfully only shortlisted candidates will be notified.