Deal Strategy (Senior/Assistant Manager)
Deal Strategy (Senior/Assistant Manager)
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 144 countries and territories and have more than 236,000 people working in member firms around the world. Our professionals help clients navigate an ever increasingly complex business environment.
Our Deal Advisory professionals help buyers, sellers, private equity investors, governments, and lenders in developing and executing on their value strategies.
We offer start-to-finish support in the acquisition process, including input on strategy, early identification of risk areas, coordination and execution of due diligence investigations (financial, tax and commercial) and input and advice on contract terms geared to reduce risks. We also get involved in assisting our clients with a host of services surrounding closing the transaction and post-deal integration. Our clients are typically foreign and local strategic corporates, private equity funds, pension funds, large public companies, and private corporations.
Our Deal Advisory team includes the following service lines: Transaction Services, Deal Strategy, Valuations, Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) - Corporate Finance, Restructuring, and Infrastructure Advisory.
What You Will Do
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams, you will apply your professional and technical skills on a wide variety of transactions and at different stages of the transaction process, in particular front end transaction cycle
- Work closely with Partners and Directors in Indonesia and SEA, to grow the service line via supporting the internal firm network as well as go to market build
- Develop and support the growth of junior team members
- Work with pre-deal, deal and post-deal teams – including as a key contact point with the Partner for the full deal strategy ‘product’ - market entry, target scans, CDD, synergy assessment and post-merger integration/separation projects
- Apply standard Customer Due Diligence (CDD) techniques and methods in analysis, with an ability to provide strategic insights – beyond the research
- Lead teams to evaluate markets, assess market size, growth, segmentation and overall attractiveness, customer interviewing, and assess strengths and weaknesses of market participants
- Work professionally with buyers/sellers of assets and clients
- Deliver deeper insights to our clients, using third-party data analytics tools
- Participate in KPMG’s engagement teams with senior client executives, attorneys, and investors
- Draft detailed professional reports and assist in preparing pitch documents e.g. proposals and presentations
- Lead the team and execute market analysis, review on target projects and formulate deal rationale and strategy
Desired skills and experience
- Minimum of 4-6 years of relevant experience in strategy, commercial due diligence, or consulting experience in financial advisory firms/global consulting firms or investment banks or big 4 consulting firm or private equity fund
- Excellent academic background in fields related to Business, Accounting, Economics, Finance or equivalent
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and presentation/report writing skills, combined with a good understanding of business dynamics and commercial value drivers
- Deep expertise and ability to add sector insights into client deliverables and proposals
- Experience in leading market and commercial, due diligence, market entry assistance projects
- Experience in the Indonesian market
- Goal driven - focused on helping the client to understand issues and resolve key questions; ability to drive through to an outcome and to gain stakeholder support in circumstances of complexity and ambiguity
- Proficient in managing projects involving cross-border, multi-function and complex stakeholders
- Highly motivated, committed, and flexible to cope with changing priorities and strict deadlines
- Intellectual mobility, inquisitiveness, comfortable developing answers and solutions when client requirement remains unclear or changes
- Strong numerical and analytical skills combined with sound commercial acumen
- Ability to assess technical information to distil the key strategic insights and convey these succinctly, clearly and confidently orally and in written form
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and build effective working relationships internally and externally
- Confidence to balance business development and client delivery expectations
- High proficiency in both verbal and written English is essential
- Flexibility to adapt to a variety of different engagement types, working hours and work environments and locations
Due to the amount of applications we received, regretfully only shortlisted candidates will be notified.